Question Accidentally scratched the back of my mobo.

Aug 8, 2020
So this is my first build ever and I managed to scratch the back of the motherboard while installing... I stopped here and I don’t feel comfortable building the rest of it and booting up until I know this isn’t going to destroy any other hardware in my pc. If the mobos a goner I’ll bite the bullet and pay the 200$ for my <Mod Edit> careless mistake. I’m just so upset right now, anyways take a look give me some feed back please

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/nKSdfGs

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 8, 2020
Hard to tell how deep the scratch is. If its superficial then its fine, if you scratched it deep enough to break the traces on the motherboard then most likely it just wont start or depending on what the traces lead to a certain function wont work.

the trace that shows copper is so very very small. It’s hard to see if I cut it completely with the naked eye. That others only scratched through the finish. The copper looking one is difficult to see. Either way if everything works okay should I be fine? Or do I have to worry about shorting other parts of my PC and ruining them. And should I put tape over this?

TRENDING THREADS