Acer Aspire R5-571t (R15) M.2 Informaton

Status
Not open for further replies.

left shin

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I was looking for hardware information on this laptop. Specifically about the motherboard PCIE interface. It can be found in the motherboard section if you run HWINFO or Speccy. Both are free. HWINFO does not need to be installed to run.

I'm wondering if it supports PCIE 3.0 x4 on the M.2 port. I'm considering purchasing it but wanted to make sure before hand.

The models I'm interested are listed below but any r5-571t should be enough. Thank you for your help.

R5-571T-57Z0
R5-571T-59DC

Also, does the tiny power connector give any of you problems?

left shin

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I believe that website only shows what is compatible with their current offering of hardware for laptops. I entered the models of laptops that are already known to support PCI-E 3.0 x4 and they show up as SATA compatible with no mention of PCI-E.

This makes sense given that M.2 ports are usually capable of running in SATA or PCI-E depending on the hardware that is attached.

It does not seem show if the laptop is capable of PCI-E though.

I appreciate the help, nonetheless.

jasonrs

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
To the original poster: I just purchased a R5-571T-57Z0 two days ago. As I was installing my SSD I too noticed what appears to be an M2 slot. I decided to download HWINFO and found that it is PCIEx2 bus (assuming I read the HWINFO line correct).
According to the following site:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Overview-of-M-2-SSDs-586/
The performance difference would most likely be negligible and not take full advantage of a high end M2 drive. As such I would advise purchasing a higher end SSD (as I did) which has about 550 read/write.
I have been very happy with my system. However, be ready to remove a butt ton of Bloatware at your first boot (i.e. dedicate 2 hours to go through the programs, services, auto starts, and registries.
Hope this helps. I could not find anything useful on the MOBO, but it is an Acer Megatron_SQ. It appears to have 4GB of ram on board and 4GB on a stick and supports up to 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.