Question Acer ed347ckr: Is my monitor dying?

May 5, 2022
Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Every morning my monitor glitches out for a bit before going back to normal after about 3-5 minutes. I've updated all drivers and checked multiple cables and different inputs but it has the same problem.
Here's the video I uploaded to Gdrive.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When the panel is connected to another system/display source, do you see the same issue? Does the issue persist when using another, known, working cable? Do you see the same behavior when in BIOS?

D

Deleted member 362816

Looks like a dying GPU from my experience. But as Lutfij said test this monitor on another system/display source.

May 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When the panel is connected to another system/display source, do you see the same issue? Does the issue persist when using another, known, working cable? Do you see the same behavior when in BIOS?

I have never noticed this issue occur in the bios but I haven't replicated the time period where it would normally happen and entered the bios.
I will give this a try as well as connecting the monitor to another system.

Another thing that may not be clear in the video are these semi-transparent 'scan lines' going horizontally across the screen that have been consistently present for a long time now. I'm unsure if these lines are a part of the same problem or another but the lines and glitching appeared at around the same time though not during the same week.

D

Deleted member 362816

I have never noticed this issue occur in the bios but I haven't replicated the time period where it would normally happen and entered the bios.
I will give this a try as well as connecting the monitor to another system.

Another thing that may not be clear in the video are these semi-transparent 'scan lines' going horizontally across the screen that have been consistently present for a long time now. I'm unsure if these lines are a part of the same problem or another but the lines and glitching appeared at around the same time though not during the same week.

Try the monitor on a diffrent computer / game console or whatever else you have around to rule out the monitor first. That being said everything you have shown and explained looks like a failing video card, not a monitor.

May 5, 2022
Try the monitor on a diffrent computer / game console or whatever else you have around to rule out the monitor first. That being said everything you have shown and explained looks like a failing video card, not a monitor.

So I tried connecting it to my ps5 this morning with the same issue. Even while the monitor was on but unplugged from any inputs the glitching continued. I have a feeling it's hardware related to the monitor because my gpu is an RTX 2080 that hasn't had any problems in games or otherwise in functionality/temps/underload.

Here's the video showing it connected to the ps5

D

Deleted member 362816

So I tried connecting it to my ps5 this morning with the same issue. Even while the monitor was on but unplugged from any inputs the glitching continued. I have a feeling it's hardware related to the monitor because my gpu is an RTX 2080 that hasn't had any problems in games or otherwise in functionality/temps/underload.

Here's the video showing it connected to the ps5

Well there you go. It is the monitor that is failing. Time to get a new one as these are more or less throw away items anymore. Hard to track down parts for etc.

TRENDING THREADS