[SOLVED] Acer Nitro 5 - Possible RTX 3050 GPU Failure???

Oct 14, 2022
Hello, my laptop recently are having ran into a weird problem after 6 months or around a half of year usage.

When I start to watching videos, browsing, modelling in blender, and playing games, it randomly color aberration and vertical repeating display issues (it cause becomes unplayable on some games and unworkable on blender) and even graphical glitches (in browser). I thinks it have GPU driver issues and after I update the GPU driver, it still having problems and my GPU are randomly crashing on random situation (and even idle) without reason (causes going to black screen).

But weirdly, this problem can be disappear after I restart my laptop, but it comes again after some times. I tried of this:
  • I updated my GPU driver to newest driver
  • Restarting my laptop (This problem occurs again after few hours)
  • Running some windows updates
So what should I do for now? This issues becomes very annoying for me. I can't post more image, because this issues are only showing at very short time (at least few seconds) and it will disappear again.

There my image are here:
Screenshot_514.png

IMG20220606170317.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Then in that case it may be best to bring to a service, since it's still under warranty. Unfortunately from what I've seen Nitros are prone to these type of issues.
Oct 15, 2022
Hey, I had the exact same issue. Disabling the hardware acceleration in the browser fixed it (it can be found in the options menu). I haven't had it happen whilst playing games so thank god. I've had this problem since I bought the laptop 1 year ago and only recently managed to fix it.

Oct 14, 2022
Hey, I had the exact same issue. Disabling the hardware acceleration in the browser fixed it (it can be found in the options menu). I haven't had it happen whilst playing games so thank god. I've had this problem since I bought the laptop 1 year ago and only recently managed to fix it.

Not only in browser, just all programs that running using GPU are affecting at all.
  • Blender are making y-repeating display glitches at some times by few seconds and it will disappear again.
  • In games are acting same like Blender, but not more very often. It's a part is very horrible for certain games that need timing accurately (Like some fps games) and some parts of the game might affected by color aberration. It can be solved by restart of my laptop.
  • GPU may crash at random situation and even idle.

Oct 15, 2022
Then in that case it may be best to bring to a service, since it's still under warranty. Unfortunately from what I've seen Nitros are prone to these type of issues.

Solution