Question Acer nitro 5 RAM upgrade

Apr 23, 2023
Hi.

So basically I have an Acer Nitro 5 with 8GB ram.
Laptop model is N20C1.

I have purchased a set of ram.
(

Corsair VENGEANCE SODIMM 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz ).​

Which as far as I’m aware is compatible.
However I’m looking to see if anyone else knows otherwise.

I have fitted it to my laptop, which results in no boot, not even able to get to bios.

Tried fitting both. One. Swapping them over to see if one ram is dodgy, didn’t work. Put old ram in, and it works. So I’ve filed for a replacement.

So overall, I’m just trying to make sure this part is compatible or whether it was a faulty unit(s).

Hi.

So basically I have an Acer Nitro 5 with 8GB ram.
Laptop model is N20C1.

I have purchased a set of ram.
(

Corsair VENGEANCE SODIMM 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz ).​

Which as far as I’m aware is compatible.
However I’m looking to see if anyone else knows otherwise.

I have fitted it to my laptop, which results in no boot, not even able to get to bios.

Tried fitting both. One. Swapping them over to see if one ram is dodgy, didn’t work. Put old ram in, and it works. So I’ve filed for a replacement.

So overall, I’m just trying to make sure this part is compatible or whether it was a faulty unit(s).
Go here and run the scanner see what it shows.

Crucial

Apr 23, 2023
You might want to try clearing the bios and then test the new ram again.
Hi.
The issue, is when I’ve tried to get into bios it won’t load. Screen stays black the whole time. I’ve tried disconnecting the battery, waiting, still with no luck.

Apr 23, 2023
Are you talking about the bios battery or the battery that allows the pc to be mobile?
Hi.

I’ve done both, bios and power pack. Still results with with black screen upon pressing start button. (Got a second pair of ram, same brand, doubtful that it’s a dud unit)