Question Acer Predator X32 FP

Feb 4, 2024
Did the Acer Predator X32 FP get discontinued or replaced with a new model or something? I had recently decided to get one as an upgrade after reading the glowing review on this site but can’t find one anywhere. I can find refurbished models through Amazon and a few other places but no new ones in the US. Amazon just says currently unavailable. Will they come back in stock? Anyone know where to get one? Should I just get refurbished from Amazon.?

I really want a 4k high refresh rate monitor, really like what I hear about mini leds, don’t want curved, hdr 1000 is a plus, and low input lag is the most important feature for me. Any other recommendations? Not looking for oled as burn in scares me, really want mini led.

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
If you want a monitor from Acer, then check out the Acer Nitro XV275K. The XV275K is better for gaming, as it has much faster response time. It still retains HDR 1000 certification and a Mini LED panel like X32 FP. The Nitro also produces a brighter image with more accurate colors out of the box. The X32 FP has better black levels and is a larger monitor, but if you are okay with those tradeoffs, the Nitro is a good choice. Hope this helped, take care.

Feb 4, 2024
If you want a monitor from Acer, then check out the Acer Nitro XV275K. The XV275K is better for gaming, as it has much faster response time. It still retains HDR 1000 certification and a Mini LED panel like X32 FP. The Nitro also produces a brighter image with more accurate colors out of the box. The X32 FP has better black levels and is a larger monitor, but if you are okay with those tradeoffs, the Nitro is a good choice. Hope this helped, take care.
Thank you, I have not looked into that monitor yet, I’ll give it a look. No idea if the x32 is discontinued?

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
The only store I can find it new at is Micro Center. Acer has a site on Ebay where they sell refurbished units, and in my experience, they are excellent. If you are comfortable buying refurbished and this is the monitor you want, I think it's a good purchase.

Feb 4, 2024
The nitro xv275k looks great except that RTings says the input lag at 60 Hz is like 25 ms. I have a pc with a 3090 ti and 5800x3d so I will be playing at maximum refresh rate most of the time. However I also play mlb the show baseball fairly competitively and I think that game may be capped at 60 fps on ps5. If it’s capped at 60 fps doesn’t that mean the input lag at 60 Hz is the value I need to look at?

Feb 4, 2024
I checked with micro center today. They show as having 2 in stock in one of their Ohio stores. Unfortunately that’s several states away from me. I talked with their customer service and they won’t ship it, and confirmed that they will no longer carry this model. It’s a great deal to anyone in Ohio though as they have them priced at $699 which is cheaper than the refurbished models on Amazon.

I guess I will have to go refurbished if I am going to get the predator x32 fp. The Amazon listing is refurbished excellent. Anyone have any experience with Amazon refurbished? What kind of condition can I expect? Is it returnable? It says 90 day guarantee but one review said you can only exchange for another unit, not get money back?

Any other suggestions for a 4k mini led monitor? Want at least 144 Hz, higher is even better. HDMI 2.1, HDR 1000, want a flat screen, and need low input lag. I have both a pc (3090 ti and 5800x3d) and a ps5. I play mlb the show baseball competitively and think that game is capped at 60 fps. So I’m guessing that means the input lag at 60 hz needs to be low? Or does a monitor still use maximum refresh rate even in 60 fps games?

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
I checked with micro center today. They show as having 2 in stock in one of their Ohio stores. Unfortunately that’s several states away from me. I talked with their customer service and they won’t ship it, and confirmed that they will no longer carry this model. It’s a great deal to anyone in Ohio though as they have them priced at $699 which is cheaper than the refurbished models on Amazon.

I guess I will have to go refurbished if I am going to get the predator x32 fp. The Amazon listing is refurbished excellent. Anyone have any experience with Amazon refurbished? What kind of condition can I expect? Is it returnable? It says 90 day guarantee but one review said you can only exchange for another unit, not get money back?

Any other suggestions for a 4k mini led monitor? Want at least 144 Hz, higher is even better. HDMI 2.1, HDR 1000, want a flat screen, and need low input lag. I have both a pc (3090 ti and 5800x3d) and a ps5. I play mlb the show baseball competitively and think that game is capped at 60 fps. So I’m guessing that means the input lag at 60 hz needs to be low? Or does a monitor still use maximum refresh rate even in 60 fps games?
Amazon refurbished is hit or miss. Sometimes you get lucky and you get a unit that is literally brand new that was returned within days of purchase, or you get one that was visibly used (sometimes mistreated). Acer has a store on Ebay that is much more refined and you will get quality units repaired directly by Acer. Ebay refurbished items also come with a two year warranty. Amazon frequently hires third party technicians for repair.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024
Amazon refurbished is hit or miss. Sometimes you get lucky and you get a unit that is literally brand new that was returned within days of purchase, or you get one that was visibly used (sometimes mistreated). Acer has a store on Ebay that is much more refined and you will get quality units repaired directly by Acer. Ebay refurbished items also come with a two year warranty. Amazon frequently hires third party technicians for repair.
Thanks for all your help, I think I’m going to purchase a refurbished one from eBay. Have you bought refurbished monitors from eBay before? Do they come in the original box? Or just generic box?

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
Thanks for all your help, I think I’m going to purchase a refurbished one from eBay. Have you bought refurbished monitors from eBay before? Do they come in the original box? Or just generic box?
I have a few times and it is always a good experience. Fast shipping, good quality. All units I've received have been indistinguishable from new units. The items do not arrive in their original packaging, Acer uses generic cardboard boxes. However, they are well protected and include all accessories.

Feb 4, 2024
I have a few times and it is always a good experience. Fast shipping, good quality. All units I've received have been indistinguishable from new units. The items do not arrive in their original packaging, Acer uses generic cardboard boxes. However, they are well protected and include all accessories.
Thanks for all your help, going to order from eBay.