Acer RS780HVF

CCT

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I have a Acer Aspire M5201 computer and am looking to upgrade the CPU but dont know what the best CPU the mother board can take?

Thanks

Askura_one

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Yeah I bought it.
I updated my bios before I started to the latest one (2010) ;)
The fans in the computer just rev up and down and keep doing that.
Guess it's because the motherboard doesn't support 125W or would it be something else?

Askura_one

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
880Watt PSU
On the white surrounding for the core it says Am2 - its a Acer Aspire M3201 Board which is the Acer RS780HVF board.
On my power supply I have two 4 pin plugs that go into the motherboard...
I'm only able to plug one in because theirs only one slot :??:
Maybe its because I'm not able to put enough power into the board with only one plug or should this not matter?
Would it damage it trying it out again.
I've only just put it back together after changing cases?
Maybe somethings plugged in wrong? :p

Thanks

The 4-pin connector is CPU power and on larger CPU and board two are there, most of the time only plugging in one should not matter, but I have seen it happen that it is not enough to supply the needed power.

No, it should not damage anything if you try again. Go for it. Just be sure that all the 24-pin of motherboard power connector is plugged in properly.

Askura_one

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Cool , thanks for that.
Do you think that if it does come to replacing motherboard will I need more heat sink paste. Only used it once for about a minute (from out of the box-new) and been in the PC for a day or 2 (unused). Just not really sure. :)
Thanks