Acer Updates AIO PCs WIth Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Why is it that All-In-One computer manufacturers never build in the capacity to use their computer as a touch screen monitor for another computer. I think it would be extremely easy for them to do so and would make some of their older systems very desirable. Touch screen monitors are very expensive and having a monitor that can do computer functions independently of your main computer would be an added bonus. I believe many manufacturers allow the AIO to be used as a monitor but don't add the USB connection that provides the touch screen functions.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
AnimeMania, the reason that they do not do that is because they do not want to cannibalize their own potential sales of ANOTHER touchscreen PC or tablet to you.
Never going to offer that functionality out of the box. They MIGHT offer that functionality through an additional application that you have to install.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014

Once they allow AIO computers to be fully functioning smart touch screen monitors, nobody would buy regular touch screen monitors again (the prices are ridiculous). This would be a great way to reduce the inventory on outdated AIO computers. I think the demand for touch screen monitors is going to keep increasing and discontinued AIO computers would be a great way to fill that niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.