Acrivision: Infinity Ward Will Rise From the Ashes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
“We want Infinity Ward to be Infinity Ward,” said Stohl. “It’s a very specific culture”.

Yes it is, it's a Culture of lies, Back stabbing, screwing employee's - Good Luck with that.......

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I personally don't want Infinity Ward back. I hope that everything Activison is unsuccessful and they die a speedy death before they can infect Blizzard any more than they already have.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]mrecio[/nom]I refused to buy MW2 because of all that went on. But sadly I miss what the game could of been. My only other option is bad company 2 which i do play but its soooo badly coded that is will run 100% cpu usage on a 3.8 dual core but only use 30% of my GPU. Any game that focuses that much on CPU and not the GPU sucks balls for PC! but the sacrifice was worth it as I hate Activision and will support Respawn all the way![/citation]
You do realize that BC2 has a lot of physics going on while you're playing right? I mean the buildings collapse for gods' sake! Anyways, you want a real GPU killer that still takes its toll, play Crysis if you're worried about taxing your GPU. Either that or UP your settings. The higher your settings and AA, the more it'll tax the GPU (I assume you haven't custom set anything). You just probably assume that it's "badly coded". Any questions on todays lecture you can drop me a message ;).

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Dave Stohl[/nom]“I’m not going to sit here and say no good talent left the studio, because obviously a lot of good talent did,” Stohl said. “But a lot of people who are really passionate about their job are still there.”[/citation]

Being passionate about something doesn't make you good at it... Most, if not nearly all of your big talent is gone. And it's your product pushing attitudes that cause it all. I'm sure you have lots of passionate people left... but where's the talent...? You talk about talent leaving and passion staying... That's two completely different topics... And honestly, if you think your remaining people were passionate; what about those that left... They were so overly passionate, they told you to take a hike... (Plus, heaven forbid, they wanted to get paid for their work... Wow, what a concept... just imagine that...)

I've boycotted all Activision games myself. There's plenty of other good games out there to play. I'll miss the CoD line but... sorry, there's other alternatives. And it seems, I'd rather give THOSE developers my money instead of you. There's plenty of other options out there. I refuse to support the company that steps on their people. Key people or not, they all deserve more.

ShouldntHave

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]This just makes me want to buy anything that Respawn puts out even if it's total crap, which I doubt it will be.[/citation]
Your loyalty is misplaced?
The original IW quit their entanglement with EA cuz they wanted to be idealists. Then they put out one great game, followed by 10 years worth of steadily-declining-quality, at some point got bought by the New-Evillest-Video-Game-Company-in-the-World, fell out with them, and now want to start again based on their so-called rep? So they sign a deal w/ EA?! (It's "just" P&D, but still!)
Ridiculous, in the literal sense. No more $$ for these guys... no way! (I decided that back @ CoD2, but some ppl take more convincing.)

The key elements of this story being: game quality goes down, game price and hype goes up, yet ppl keep buying. ...and then sit around and go "why do games suck?" A: cuz ppl have demonstrated overwhelmingly that they'll still buy them if they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS