Activate Windows 10 watermark appears whenever I lose internet

MrMercyGG

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
So recently I had a big problem with my PC that was eventually fixed, but now all of a sudden, whenever I lose connectivity to the internet, the Activate Windows 10 watermark appears. I have a legit purchased copy of Windows 10 installed on my computer, but whenever I lose internet, my OS seems to think it's not activated. Even when I reset the internet, the watermark remains. It only goes away when I reboot my entire system. It's just a minor inconvenience, but I'd like to know what I can do to fix it if anything.

Solution

Temporary internet outage should NOT result in that watermark appearing.
Win 10 Home does not talk to the activation servers continuously.

Call and talk to a human at Microsoft.

MrMercyGG

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

I downloaded and purchased Windows 10 Home from the official Microsoft Windows website. It is 100% a legitimate copy. It didn't have the watermark before my PC had it's big problem (after i purchased the key of course) Also, I could not see "Windows Edition" anywhere in This PC's Properties.

USAFRet

Titan

Open File Explorer
Right click on ThisPC
Select Properties
This:
SppoDoD.png

MrMercyGG

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

oliZEQz.png

MrMercyGG

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

It was my CPU overheating and some of my RAM going missing.

Idk why it's showing up tho. I've lost internet on this system before that happened and the watermark didn't come up. I know that what causes it is Windows losing connection to the authentication servers, but still.

USAFRet

Titan

Temporary internet outage should NOT result in that watermark appearing.
Win 10 Home does not talk to the activation servers continuously.

Call and talk to a human at Microsoft.

Solution

MrMercyGG

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

I contacted Microsoft Support and after about 2 hours of them fumbling around on my system, it was discovered that my copy of Windows 10 had become corrupted. The tech support lady downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and made an ISO image of Windows 10 for my system and launched it. It re-installed Windows 10 on my PC and now the authentication is working properly.

So, I just saved anyone else having this problem the time dealing with Microsoft. Just create a Windows 10 ISO and re-install it on your system. That will fix the problem most likely.