Activision Unveils Black Ops 2 Zombie Mode in New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't COD hate or anything, but today I tried MW3 on Steam for the free weekend deal they have going on and started literally getting a nauseous feeling.

I'm not sure what's up with that game, the field of view seems incredibly small, and the textures, and everything else looked very muddy\blurry. I had the game on the highest settings it was pretty gross for a modern game. Last Call of Duty game I enjoyed was the first modern warfare version; ending was dramatic and fun.

centaurius

Distinguished
May 2, 2012
I don't see the point of launching a COD every year, with the same engine since COD4 !!! It just divides more the community and players... And a zombie mode for this cod, really? Just reminds me a copycat form left4dead1/2...

Where's the innovation?

AidanJC

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]This isn't COD hate or anything, but today I tried MW3 on Steam for the free weekend deal they have going on and started literally getting a nauseous feeling.I'm not sure what's up with that game, the field of view seems incredibly small, and the textures, and everything else looked very muddy\blurry. I had the game on the highest settings it was pretty gross for a modern game. Last Call of Duty game I enjoyed was the first modern warfare version; ending was dramatic and fun.[/citation]

Hurray for console ports!!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]This isn't COD hate or anything, but today I tried MW3 on Steam for the free weekend deal they have going on and started literally getting a nauseous feeling.I'm not sure what's up with that game, the field of view seems incredibly small, and the textures, and everything else looked very muddy\blurry. I had the game on the highest settings it was pretty gross for a modern game. Last Call of Duty game I enjoyed was the first modern warfare version; ending was dramatic and fun.[/citation]

got to hate it when a game makes you sick for no reason...
most games on a new engine do that to me, well... every 3d game does for a few hours than i get over it... never understood what that was about.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
if they are going to make so much content, and occupy so much of the disc for the zombies mode, why not branch zombies of into its own game?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]if they are going to make so much content, and occupy so much of the disc for the zombies mode, why not branch zombies of into its own game?[/citation]
because the main selling point of the game is multiplayer, zombie mode encluded.
i honestly dont believe if they spun it off, it would work at all, i think only valve could make a game like that and people love it, i mean what did left for dead 1 have in it, 4 hours of randomized gameplay or something?

there is only so long i could kill zombies with other people before i get up, yell done, and never look back.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I personally think that the first Black Ops had the best Call of Duty story. And I like the fact that there's a regular campaign and a zombie-based semi campaign. Also, I'm sure that they got this idea from a flash game called "The Last Stand" that was released like back in 06.

G

Why would you want it to be a game in its own right? Pay another £40 for zombies? No thanks i'll just have it for free

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Th_Redman[/nom]Is the music provided for this trailer Iron Maiden, perhaps? Anyone know??? Thanks. The_Redman.[/citation]
avenged sevenfold - carry on

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Fine to all haters, we get it. They don't know how to make a new frickin' engine, and the multiplayer is stale as month old doritos, but come on.. if you've played zombies in CoD, it just feels right. If you have never played zombs but only multiplayer, u have no room to talk.

I might just stick to Black Ops 1, tho, because look at all once good genres. Once they add more and more, they tremble down fast. (CoD, Halo, GoW, Ghost Recon, and muuuch more.)

Above all I'm actually excited for this years CoD.. I hear there will be 8 zomb maps on release? Sick..

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]centaurius[/nom]I don't see the point of launching a COD every year, with the same engine since COD4 !!! It just divides more the community and players... And a zombie mode for this cod, really? Just reminds me a copycat form left4dead1/2... Where's the innovation?[/citation]

Yeah, an expansion pack would've made more sense.

Oh wait, you can't simply charge $60 for an expansion pack.

G

mw3, its okay to hate, we all agree. graphics of black ops 2 bieng compared to cod 4? not really. yeah it hasnt changed drastically but honestly there isnt much to add to it. you could make it real people with real guns and people would still be asking for a more realistic game. Also Zombie mode is treyarchs thing and spec ops is infinity wards thing, so dont hate that they are bringing it back, its their thing and people enjoy it.

G

Actually... seems like World at War was the big boost to the whole "zombies" deal... way before "left 4 dead" came out, so the others can be thanked for taking the "copy cat" route. I agree that including the zombie mode is Treyarch's thing, plus, combine that with the fact that zombies haven't gotten sickeningly popular in recent years, and it's no brainer that they would bring them back for Black Ops 2. You should also note that they used a lot of the same "zombie laughs" and sounds from the original zombies mode in World at War, so for the CoD series... this is nothing new, and they aren't mimicking anyone else, just keeping up the tradition and sticking with what's popular. Side note... I'm so effing sick of hearing about zombies everywhere I turn... t.v., movies, games, magazines, etc. Give me a break... it's so freakin' played out. I mean yeah it can be fun from time to time but they are really running it into the dirt and if somebody ever were to ask me in real life if I were ready for a "zombie apocalypse" I'd probably slap the dumb out of them... so imo... they fall into the same category as Chuck Norris jokes, the "arrow to the knee" saying, the "r.i.p. ears/headphones" on youtube videos, etc.... started out great... ended up disastrously played out.

Status
Not open for further replies.