[SOLVED] Ad-hoc Network showing but I never created one.

Jan 29, 2022
Hi,
I don't know where to ask this (I literally picked the first website speaking about ad-hoc network), but there is a no-name ad-hoc network showing up on my network list and I don't now where it come from, how it got here and if it's a threat and if I should be worried or not. If you can help me know what to do, I'll be very great-full.
Here is an image:
QvIRzxo.png

Thanks in advance,
Me.

Solution
Hi,
I don't know where to ask this (I literally picked the first website speaking about ad-hoc network), but there is a no-name ad-hoc network showing up on my network list and I don't now where it come from, how it got here and if it's a threat and if I should be worried or not. If you can help me know what to do, I'll be very great-full.
Here is an image:
QvIRzxo.png

Thanks in advance,
Me.
Looking at the MAC addresses, with all but the first Octet being the same, It is most likely your router. It could be a WPS related thing, or it could be some type of "easy" setup option.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,
Here is an image:
QvIRzxo.png

Thanks in advance,
Me.
Looking at the MAC addresses, with all but the first Octet being the same, It is most likely your router. It could be a WPS related thing, or it could be some type of "easy" setup option.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS