Question Adapter hdmi-dvi

Sep 6, 2024
Can i remove 4 pins from my hdmi-dvi adapter to connect to the monitor?
I bought an adapter HDMI-DVI female male. The DVI side has 24+1+4 pins. I understand that the 4 pins are for analog signal, but HDMI has no analog. The monitor has only room for 24+1 pins. Can i remove the 4 pins from the adapter to connect to the monitor? Is there a reason the adapter has 29 pins instead of 25?

Sep 6, 2024
I bought an adapter HDMI-DVI female male. The DVI side has 24+1+4 pins. I understand that the 4 pins are for analog signal, but HDMI has no analog. The monitor has only room for 24+1 pins. Can i remove the 4 pins from the adapter to connect to the monitor? Is there a reason the adapter has 29 pins instead of 25?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
You need a active adapter to convert digital to analog these are usually fairly expensive for about double the price you could just buy a cheap HDMI /DP monitor.

if im seeing it right, he doesnt need those 4 pins, so its not digital to analog conversion
those 4 pins can be removed, but adapters like this are only single link, meaning low resolution/refreshrate
no clue what monitor OP has, if single link wont be sufficient, then dual link active adapter would be needed