Review Adata Swordfish M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Affordable, Secure Storage

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I really wonder at times if all gosh & gee whiz Tom's throws out on devices that are fractional seconds faster matters in the real world. Have any of these new & improved devices ever been tested by average Joes and not the "Let's get the highest score in Call of Duty" crowd. I noticed a definite speed increase when I went from 32-bit OS to 64-bit OS, but when I installed a SSD drive as my boot drive nothing perceptively changed. Until the SSD crashed & lost everything and absolutely NOTHING could recover the data. Thank goodness for AOMEI Backupper & WD MyCloud.

but when I installed a SSD drive as my boot drive nothing perceptively changed. Until the SSD crashed & lost everything and absolutely NOTHING could recover the data. Thank goodness for AOMEI Backupper & WD MyCloud.

You had 4-5 second boot times with a spinning drive, and the same boot times after an upgrade to an SSD? Or you had 30 second boots, and same boot times after upgrade?

(The SSD is normally a 'night and day' difference compared to a spinning drive...)

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
Boot time was the same. Loading applications the same. Losing everything due to a drive crash NOT the same.
That sounds strange. Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Everyone I upgrade noticed a difference between a SSD and HDD for everything. I even notice big responsiveness differences between even SATA and NVMe, personally. What drive/system was it? Good thing you’re smart and have backups in place!

Sometimes people clone and forget to remove their old drives and continue to use their HDD without noticing.