[SOLVED] Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB vs Intel 660p 2TB

Background: I currently own an Intel 660p 2TB in my main rig (see signature below). I'm currently dating someone whose build is almost 100% on a 1TB HDD and I was planning to purchase a 2TB SSD to upgrade her. Then it occurred to me that the ADATA / XPG SX8200 Pro is TLC, versus the Intel 660p being QLC. In addition to the endurance increase, the SX8200 Pro also has almost double the sequential R/W performance. Therefore now I'm considering buying the XPG for myself, and wiping and placing the Intel 660p in her rig, as either drive would be a monster upgrade for her.

My question: I have no hands-on experience with the SX8200 Pro, therefore putting aside "specs on paper" what's everyone's experience with the drive? Will I be happy migrating to the SX8200 Pro, or should I stick with the Intel drive? Any input or questions are welcome. Reliability is my #1 concern, as the Intel 660p has been bullet-proof, since I've owned it. Firmware update support is another one of the considerations that I have. If Adata/XPG had free data migration software then I would very likely give that drive to her. The last time I checked, Intel's migration software does not support NVMe SSD's, which leaves out Intel 660p and 665p support. This fact was documented on their SSD site, and I even verified this point with their tech support at the time. Thank you.

Solution
Will the desktop in question accommodate a pair of NVME drives simultaneously? If so, you might be able to effectively clone it over in a single step via Macrium Reflect..nothing to lose trying...as long as careful with what drive is source and destination, anyway)

Lots of drives are much faster in the flashy sequential read/write benchmarks than Intel 660P/665...; in real world day to day usage( barring large write copies), most can't tell the difference.
Will the desktop in question accommodate a pair of NVME drives simultaneously? If so, you might be able to effectively clone it over in a single step via Macrium Reflect..nothing to lose trying...as long as careful with what drive is source and destination, anyway)

Lots of drives are much faster in the flashy sequential read/write benchmarks than Intel 660P/665...; in real world day to day usage( barring large write copies), most can't tell the difference.

Solution