ADD2 Graphics Cards

Prince16

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
What are some goods ADD2 Graphics Cards that are about $100 with a max of $150 (If there are any extremely good Cards for a little it above that feel free to put them down). And is the Asus Radeon HD 7770-DC-1GD5-V2 Compatible with ADD2?

Solution
Ok, looking at the specs on HP's website, a regular PCI Express X16 card is not supported in the ADD2 slot. Unfortunately, since the ADD2 card is just an adapter card for the onboard video, that limits your upgrade options to a Conventional PCI (not PCI-E) card.

There is no such thing as an ADD2-compatible graphics card.

Casey

Dom_79

Distinguished

Check the Motherboard specs on the manufacturer's web site. You'll know for sure if it's only ADD2 compatible or not. If not throw away the ADD2 adapter card and plug new one into the (now free) PCIE slot.

Prince16

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

The computer is a hp pavillion dc5700 microtower. I know it's a really bad computer but I now have 8 gb of ram in it and I don't need to play games on ultra settings. medium to low would be just fine. I'm just starting getting into pcs so sorry I'm not going to be the greatest of help.

cklaubur

Distinguished
Ok, looking at the specs on HP's website, a regular PCI Express X16 card is not supported in the ADD2 slot. Unfortunately, since the ADD2 card is just an adapter card for the onboard video, that limits your upgrade options to a Conventional PCI (not PCI-E) card.

There is no such thing as an ADD2-compatible graphics card.

Casey

Solution

THSNOTLEK

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
The add 2 basically just lets you use integrated cpu with a dvi that is if your motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics. So add 2 just lets you use the gpu on your monitor. Just buy a PCI compatible card. Not going to be good for gaming but maybe better than your integrated.

Prince16

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Ok thanks for letting me know. Any computers that are really good deals right now? I already have enough ram to put into them so it's mostly about the graphics cards and making sure everything can run next gen games. If there is a computer that is a good price but something in it is really bad I have no problem upgrading a part to make it work better.