[SOLVED] Added Memory, Computer Stutters Randomly

Oct 24, 2020
I've added an additional 16GB of RAM to my machine and since I've noticed my computer will completely randomly shutter and become basically unusable until I restart. The mouse barely moves; audio is choppy, everything is jittery. Is this a possible side effect of the RAM I added and the original RAM being different? For example the CAS latency is a little lower on the RAM I purchased vs what was in there originally. Anybody have any ideas?

Reactions: xenthia
Solution
I've added an additional 16GB of RAM to my machine and since I've noticed my computer will completely randomly shutter and become basically unusable until I restart. The mouse barely moves; audio is choppy, everything is jittery. Is this a possible side effect of the RAM I added and the original RAM being different? For example the CAS latency is a little lower on the RAM I purchased vs what was in there originally. Anybody have any ideas?
RAM and CPU and motherboard combo has always been super tricky for me, even when I check the motherboard and the CPU compatibility list, specially when the timings of the rams are different. In any case, have you checked your mother board and the CPU to see if they are compatible with this...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
RAM and CPU and motherboard combo has always been super tricky for me, even when I check the motherboard and the CPU compatibility list, specially when the timings of the rams are different. In any case, have you checked your mother board and the CPU to see if they are compatible with this particular RAM module?

Solution