bumblebee13

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Hi,

Firstly, sorry if this is a really dumb/obvious/repeated question but after a brief look i couldn't find any answers :)

Anyway, my query is... i'm about to add a new 320GB Hitcahi SataII hard-drive to a computer that i built about a year ago. At present the comp is set up on a Asus P5W DH Deluxe mobo with 2x160GB HDs in a Raid 0 formation - i connected the two hard-drivs to the Sata1 and Sata3 ports on the motherboard.

Now, my question is really, is it as simple as connecting my new hard-drive (which i plan for data storage) into another sata port on the mobo, powering up the computer and there the hard-drive is all-formated etc... i'm guessing not. So i was wondering if anyone could briefly tell me whether or not installing this hard-drive will interfere with my Raid 0 config (im hoping it will just be added as a new storage drive and ignore the raid 0 array), how i should format the hard-drive and so on...

Thanks for any help whatsoever :) (and again sorry if this is a really dumb question)

bumblebee13

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks, googled it a bit more and actually seems really simple.

I just wanted to be sure it'd leave my current Raid 0 array alone. Really don't want it buggering that up.