[SOLVED] Adding a second router for port forwarding?

Mar 27, 2018
Heyo, my current router/modem is locked by my ISP i have very limited access to the actual router itself and its only accessible through the ISP's website. I'd like the functionality of port forwarding but is it just as easy as getting a new router and connecting it to my current one or do i have to look out for some things?

I read the thread about setting up a slave router but it mentions that i have to do a few things and one of those things is accessing the main router which i can't do.

Last edited:
Solution
Heyo, my current router/modem is locked by my ISP i have very limited access to the actual router itself and its only accessible through the ISP's website. I'd like the functionality of port forwarding but is it just as easy as getting a new router and connecting it to my current one or do i have to look out for some things?

I read the thread about setting up a slave router but it mentions that i have to do a few things and one of those things is accessing the main router which i can't do.
Adding a router is only beneficial if you can put the ISP unit into "bridge mode". That means the ISP device works like a modem only.
If you don't have port forwarding in the ISP unit, you may not be able to put it into bridge mode either.

kanewolf

Titan

Adding a router is only beneficial if you can put the ISP unit into "bridge mode". That means the ISP device works like a modem only.
If you don't have port forwarding in the ISP unit, you may not be able to put it into bridge mode either.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution