ADDING EXTRA GAMEPORTS ?????

G

I have PIII 933(@133mhz) on Aeopen AX3Spro (PCI only), 256MB cas2:2:2, GTS2, Soundblaster Live.

I want to add more force feedback enabled gameports. I tried an additional gameport card with 2 ports but it means disabling the soundcard and anyway (presumably like the traditional joystick splitter cables) it was not force feedback compatible (please correct me if you know different because i haven't tried a splitter cable yet). I was told once that I needed a re-addressable card which seems OK in theory but, the on-board game port on my system board is re-addressable and i can't seem to get it working while my sound card port is enabled. Besides that I can't find any other re-addressable cards anyway.

Can anyone please help or suggest anything else??

G

Check with Advanced Gravis and CH Producs. They both used to make FF enabled dual gameport cards. It may be possible to still find them.

The other alternative is to shun your gameport stuff for USB ff products. I use a Logitech FF Wheel and Microsloth FF Pro 2 stick with no probs on USB. Just plug and play!
My god, it actually works!

G

Thnaks for your reply.

I checked Gravis and the product is long gone. CH products i can't reach, i just keep hitting dead links???

Anyway, I have a Microsoft ff steering wheel which has to be connected to the gameport, and a freestyle pro gamepad (not ff) which can be either gameport or usb. When i connect the gamepad via usb i have no way of configuring it (re-mapping buttons) inside certain games it seems they only recognise it is connected when its via the gameport. I just need some patches I guess??

Basically i want to connect an extra gamepad (1xwheel, 2x gamepads) without continually plugging & unplugging. You would have thought it should be simple?

Thanks again :))