Question Adding in a pci port on laptop on asus laptop?

Slycooper91

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
I have an Asus N75SF laptop and I just happened to notice it has a spot for a pci port for a TV card.
The solder points are there but no port.
I had to replace my motherboard recently due to a power issue and still have the board for parts.
My question- Can I use the pci port from my old motherboard and solder it onto the tv card spot
and will it function ?
As far as I can tell all the traces coming from the south bridge and the power ic run to the solder pads.
I wanna run a pci ssd with the built in sata controller.

Slycooper91

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
eI9SDzN.jpg

finally got it to work

Slycooper91

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
I'm not really sure it would, but from what i understand is that the tv port is the same as any other port that can run an adapter for an external gpu. Which on another laptop i have runs a pci ssd just fine. So i was hoping someone might know if it was possible.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm not really sure it would, but from what i understand is that the tv port is the same as any other port that can run an adapter for an external gpu. Which on another laptop i have runs a pci ssd just fine. So i was hoping someone might know if it was possible.
Not only does the physical port need to exist, the chipset and BIOS need to be able to utilize it.
That may not be the case here.

Slycooper91

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
I found another forum just randomly looking for pictures of a functioning tv port on my MB and I found a thread for an Asus G series where someone added in the tv card port and it turned out to be a full functioning pci slot. Does anyone think this will be the same case for me considering this is an Asus unit as well?