[SOLVED] Additional RAM causing to not recognize Display

Aug 11, 2021
Appreciate in advance as I’m pretty new to computer troubleshooting. I bought a prebuilt iBuyPower PC. It currently has 2x8GB 3200 DDR4 Adata XPG BW41 inserted. All the research I have done, I couldn’t find the same model number to order two more sticks of the same ram, so I went with the same company and got the 2x8GB 3200 DDR4 Adata XPG D41.

After I shutdown my PC, remove power cable, and insert the new sticks of ram into 2 and 4 slot, when turning on my monitor display is no longer recognized. I’ve tried multiple cables (DP and HDMI) with no luck. If I go and remove the two sticks of RAM I just inserted, everything works completely fine!

What am I doing wrong?! Please help!

Motherboard - ASRock Z590 c-ac
GPU - rtx 2080 super
CPU - Intel 11700KF

Solution
Its either the RAM is DOA or its incompatible. RAM incompatibility happens when the two kits of RAM are not happy with each other and can cause the system to not boot. Try to remove your old RAM kit and install your new RAM kit. If it boots, your RAM kits are incompatible, if it doesn't, there is a high chance that they are DOA and you should get them the warranty replacement.

LazerTechX

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
Its either the RAM is DOA or its incompatible. RAM incompatibility happens when the two kits of RAM are not happy with each other and can cause the system to not boot. Try to remove your old RAM kit and install your new RAM kit. If it boots, your RAM kits are incompatible, if it doesn't, there is a high chance that they are DOA and you should get them the warranty replacement.

Solution
Aug 11, 2021
Mixing ram is always chance. Sometimes it can work, sometimes it doesn't.

With the new ram inserted and power cable removed, remove the cmos battery for 30 minutes. Then put the battery back in. Then connect power and try to boot.
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately still didn’t work. I’m just going to return the RAM

Aug 11, 2021
Thanks looks like it might be DOA. Even when taking out existing and putting in the new ram the screen still goes black

Appreciate in advance as I’m pretty new to computer troubleshooting. I bought a prebuilt iBuyPower PC. It currently has 2x8GB 3200 DDR4 Adata XPG BW41 inserted. All the research I have done, I couldn’t find the same model number to order two more sticks of the same ram, so I went with the same company and got the 2x8GB 3200 DDR4 Adata XPG D41.

After I shutdown my PC, remove power cable, and insert the new sticks of ram into 2 and 4 slot, when turning on my monitor display is no longer recognized. I’ve tried multiple cables (DP and HDMI) with no luck. If I go and remove the two sticks of RAM I just inserted, everything works completely fine!

What am I doing wrong?! Please help!

Motherboard - ASRock Z590 c-ac
GPU - rtx 2080 super
CPU - Intel 11700KF
With just the old ram in the machine go to the mobo site and get the latest bios...non-beta.
While your there also get the latest chipset driver.
Test and make sure everything functions.
Install new ram...test.

TRENDING THREADS