Adobe CS5: 64-bit, CUDA-Accelerated, And Threaded Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]magpc[/nom]What if I am an ATI user?.And Iam an ATI user !!!.[/citation]
You still get gpu acceleration just not as much =p and it would be a ATI listed on their site just like nvidia it's a limited pool.

bunnyblaster

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Please increase the size of the legend. It is easy to figure out in this review since it's only two colors, however, if it is more than 2, it is hard to figure out which bar is referring to which score.

Please consider changing the page drop-down menu to the old school drop-down menus like the other tech blogs like Anandtech and Arstech, etc.

The interface is a little clumsy and seems to be poorly timed when I try to scroll down the drop-down menu. It often closes when I am trying to scroll to another page. Sometimes, when the page loads, it is hidden by a pop-up word ad.

However, the article content was strong.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
I have an ATI card and still I have no problem using photoshop CS4 and premiere CS4. The thing with CS5 is that if you can't wait at all, but it is not that really long.

Scott2010au

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Surely they mean the 2GB memory limit (for Win32 processes)?

Which is one reason why the Apple Mac version is so popular (Unix/BSD can handle more per process).

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
[citation][nom]adiomari[/nom]why cuda and not open-cl?!![/citation]

CUDA preceded Open-Cl. Dev cycles are long and tedious. If you're going to implement something, it'll take time to show up. I honestly hope more developers decide to code for Open Cl.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]buddy, FERMI is far more superior than AMD/ATI[/citation]
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]As a space heater...[/citation]

Heat = power you tree humping noob.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]As a space heater...[/citation]
Obviously, I mean nothing is as great as when they thumbs up their own comment before posting...
We don't need fanboys of ither side on here, including you Ares. Don't make mouse have a long ranting argument with you!

ares1214

Splendid
[citation][nom]dalta centauri[/nom]Obviously, I mean nothing is as great as when they thumbs up their own comment before posting...We don't need fanboys of ither side on here, including you Ares. Don't make mouse have a long ranting argument with you![/citation]

Not a fanboy? Just pointing out, someone blind enough to say something is far superior to something else that, well, really isnt superior by much, or at all, should be corrected. Calm down. Your not a mod just yet ;)

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

That was an AMD fanboy reply to an Nvidia fanboy statement. The fact that I pointed this out and you want to complain that it wasn't a fanboy opinion shows how you can't take criticism. You could have easily ignored him, and thumbed him down where he would be marked as spam/hidden message. Because you know mouse will randomly come in here and explain why he thinks your statement is wrong, and you know he will based on past occurences.
You never corrected him in the first place, but randomly said "as a space heater." [Appropriate emoticon that I can't find]

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
You can easily enable the GPU acceleration on other nVidia cards that aren't automatically supported. Instructions here: http://www.indiev.org/?p=308

It should be noted that if you're doing serious Adobe CS work these days, windows is the only way to fly. There's still no "mac edition" gtx 480, so you'll be stuck with a slower g200 card on mac.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]magpc[/nom]What if I am an ATI user?.And Iam an ATI user !!!.[/citation]
Then you'll get no GPU acceleration. If you use the Adobe suite, you'll have to decide which is more important. Your desire to use an ATI card, or the time you'll save by going nVidia. This works even on a sub $100 gt240 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.