Question Advice for laptop with good screen (no larger than 15.6") - up to €1500 ?

Jun 5, 2022
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a laptop with good screen and battery life. The laptop will mostly be used for Python coding, and therefore I do not expect to put any big loads on it (like gaming, some chubby video editing software, etc).

As I'll be spending lot of time on it, I insist that it has a good eye-care screen and good battery life. Also, as I'm often switching places, I'd like it to be lightweight as well. So to be short, here are my top priorities for it:

1. Good screen (not bigger than 15.6");
  2. Good battery life;
  3. Lightweight;
I've came across the following models for now:

1. Dell XPS
  2. Macbook Air M1
  3. Lenovo X1 Carbon
Although M1 has a Retina display, good battery life and is really lightweight, I've never been in the Apple ecosystem and I'm not really confident with it.

So what you guys will recommend me? Any suggestions are welcome :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Generally we ask users to stylize their thread akin to this thread, and then we move forward with suggestions. You forgot to mention where you're located and what your preferred site for purchase is.

Razer is one laptop that has a good screen but the panel on a Mac is pretty high up there in terms of quality, when compared to other laptops. If you're not going to be gaming, you're best off getting the MacBook M1...I personally don't like Apple products but with your stipulations, that's the best out of the bunch.

Jun 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Generally we ask users to stylize their thread akin to this thread, and then we move forward with suggestions. You forgot to mention where you're located and what your preferred site for purchase is.

Razer is one laptop that has a good screen but the panel on a Mac is pretty high up there in terms of quality, when compared to other laptops. If you're not going to be gaming, you're best off getting the MacBook M1...I personally don't like Apple products but with your stipulations, that's the best out of the bunch.

Thank you for your suggestion, I guess In my use case I'll be ok with MacBook as well. Gonna use it for some coding and stuff, but not executing bulky code on it directly. The question now is, should I go with 8GB or 16GB version? Not that I'm afraid I'll run out of memory, but as I've never been in the Apple ecosystem before, do they tend to make their future Mac OS's tend to get bulky and slow down the old Mac's?