Question Advice on buying a used WD Red 3TB HDD ?

Rishi _S

Commendable
Dec 28, 2021
I'm upgrading my storage to transfer over some files from my current 1TB SSD, which is filling up. I came across this listing for a used 2013 3TB WD Red HDD for about $35 (converted from my currency). This was one of the better deals I found, and buying new isn't really an option since new HDD prices in my country are a nightmare.

I've attached the SMART data for reference. What worries me is the power on time, 63k hours is quite a lot, and while I know that the life of a HDD can't be predicted, im a little wary.

Your thoughts?

I'm upgrading my storage to transfer over some files from my current 1TB SSD, which is filling up. I came across this listing for a used 2013 3TB WD Red for about 35$ (converted from my currency). This was one of the better deals I found, and buying new isn't really an option since new HDD prices in my country are a nightmare.

I've attached the SMART data for reference. What worries me is the power on time, 63k hours is quite a lot, and while ik that the life of a HDD can't be predicted, im a little wary.

Your thoughts?

Pretty long used but if no yellow or red marks means it's in good shape.

Reactions: Rishi _S