[SOLVED] Advice on projector

Hello all

I am looking to buy my first projector
All my research points to the BENQ HT 2050 as the projector that i should get, but I would like you guys' opinion - other suggestions are obviously welcome ( :

Usage: movies primarely, maybe some csgo sporadically

It will project on a white wall from about 6 m away, slighty of centre (so lens shift/keystone will be needed)

the room can be darkened during the days but not pitch dark

i don't care about sound quality i will use an external setup

i DO care about fan noise

and obviously getting the best bang for buck

I live in europe, my budget is about 700 eur (this includes shipping)

Solution
Very happy with my new Epson EH -TW5600 I have just purchased
Projecting onto a 100' screen

I had an Epson TW1000 which was about 10 years old
This one is a huge improvement and only about one third of the price of the old porojector
Fan noise on Eco is not an issue

Not sure if that model is available in Europe tho

Also if this is your first projector, make sure if you buy the Benq that you are not affected by the rainbow affect. Many DLP units produce this.
I had to return my first projector after one day as the rainbow effect made me feel quite ill after only half a movie

Good luck in your search
Jul 22, 2019

This one is a huge improvement and only about one third of the price of the old porojector

Also if this is your first projector, make sure if you buy the Benq that you are not affected by the rainbow affect. Many DLP units produce this.
I had to return my first projector after one day as the rainbow effect made me feel quite ill after only half a movie

Good luck in your search

Solution

Good luck in your search

Good advice on the rainbow effect - didn't take this into account
I ggoled around for the rainbow effect on the 2050, turns out the benq does not have this issue
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/hometheater/comments/6arefs/trying_to_avoid_the_rainbow_effect/

you may also have a point on availability though, seems like it is not really possible to get the benq shipped to belgium without a hefty shipping cost :s

any advice?