[SOLVED] Advise for a new Full Tower PC Case in 2022 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Good evening everyone. I have an age-old PC case known as CM HAF 932 I AM eager to exchange with a full tower PC Case from my hardware retailer next year in 2022.
Can anyone please suggest to me a good full tower PC case that will at least last 10 years similar to my age-old HAF 932 which I got in 2009 in a similar manner as the HAF 932 it can survive 4 builds in the upcoming future too?
I am doing this survey to know about the details and the new age full tower PC cases that would at least be able to survive a lot of builds as my age-old HAF 932 did too.
I need a space for a DVD drive because in India I buy computer magazines which give me interactive DVDs such that I can learn from them too, hence I need the DVD drive.

Any advice is welcome. I thank everyone for the advice in advance in this process I can learn from everyone too. Have a pleasant evening.

Solution
Can anyone please suggest to me a good full tower PC case that will at least last 10 years
Future proofing for cases is sort of a fallacy

Before water cooling became mainstream, there were full tower cases that didn't support water reservoir mounting for custom water loop setups such as the NZXT Switch 810.

If some revolutionary change happens in the future that involves a new PC component or adopts a new mounting system, "future proofing" is a highly unlikely prospect.

I need a space for a DVD drive because in India I buy computer magazines which give me interactive DVDs such that I can learn from them too, hence I need the DVD drive.
Sadly, most modern full towers forgo this because CD/DVD is long phased out. The usual...
Can anyone please suggest to me a good full tower PC case that will at least last 10 years
Future proofing for cases is sort of a fallacy

Before water cooling became mainstream, there were full tower cases that didn't support water reservoir mounting for custom water loop setups such as the NZXT Switch 810.

If some revolutionary change happens in the future that involves a new PC component or adopts a new mounting system, "future proofing" is a highly unlikely prospect.

Sadly, most modern full towers forgo this because CD/DVD is long phased out. The usual work around is to just buy a USB CD/DVD Optical drive to read your disks.

Corsair 1000D if you don't mind the huge weight and have the budget. Its the biggest case ever (695.96mm x 307.34mm x 693.4mm - 29.5kg)
However I went with the Phanteks Enthoo Primo (600mm x 250mm x 650m - Weight: 17.9kg) , it can support water cooling and its an old 2015 case, very sturdy build too. It can accommodate the legacy CD/DVD drive if you desire.

I also use the Fractal meshify 2 XL for my mining rig. It can accommodate a ton of hard disk drives if you don't go for the liquid cooling route, but otherwise it can also do liquid cooling. Its so flexible it feels like an M16 when you assemble and disassemble it and has a lot of back clearance for the cables to fit.

Other considerations:
Phanteks Enthoo Elite Super Tower 2017 case - L X W X H = 615mm x 270mm x 750mm, weight 30kg
Phanteks Enthoo Pro II (2020 case) -L X W X H = 560mm x 240mm x 580mm, weight ?

The enthoo pro II is definitely smaller than the Elite Super Tower. The reason why I went with the primo instead of the Elite Super Tower is because its lighter and my desk isn't that tall to accommodate 750mm of vertical clearance. The primo can also accommodate a "dual-PSU" setup like the Corsair 1000D, but its not really something that's used.

Also any case that's as heavy as the Corsair 1000D is a pain to lift. 30kg of weight. You might need 2 men to lift it around. Anyone who's going to be the delivery man for this case is definitely going to have a hard time unloading.

Not really a huge fan of corsair's latest full tower releases like the Corsair 7000, personally its just feels like an upsize of the corsair 4000d midtower
Other than these, the Thermaltake Core P8 T6 looks exotic, hard to find case though.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fractal Design Define series is one of the few case designs left that have optical drive bays, good quality, and decent build ability.

Unless you plan on using Threadripper or X99 type E-ATX or similar size mobo's, there's exactly no benefit to a full tower over any of the larger mid towers. Not even full custom loop liquid cooling is an excuse, as I'm running mITX with such. The necessity for such a large case is pretty much gone, even storage drives having gotten rediculously massive in ability.

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Good morning. I thank all kind people for your answers. The Problem with my HAF 932 is that it just has one front Panel fan that is working the rest PC case cooling fans died out with the growing age. I tried to replace the original fan with the smaller version of having 120 mm fans multiple of them still the PC seems to be running a bit hot.
When I am gaming so apart from the front panel PC case fan it does not have much option of looking for replacement fans again because I contacted Cooler Master and importing the original fans is going to take a lot of time and it would cost a heavy amount of taxes in order to import it from the US.

The best-known cases are Cooler Master or Corsair Cases the other PC case that you and others have announced in the articles being mentioned above I am the first time heard it in my life. Due to more sales of CM and Corsair cases, my hardware retailer tends to keep more of CM and Corsair. Moreover, I am not going to do liquid cooling. My PC is the following not much made it from my hard-earned money doing odd jobs mostly.

CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

GPU =Sapphire RX 580 8 GB DDR5.

Motherboard = Asus TUF Gaming X 570 Plus [ Wi-Fi ]

RAM = Hyper X 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ Single Channel Ram stick

Case = CM HAF 932

Monitor = LG 27MP89HM-S 27 Inches IPS monitor.

Printer = HP 3830 All in One.

SMPS = CM V1000 fully modular in case I upgrade to more of a Graphics card and more new builds. I do not need to upgrade my SMPS too ( because back in 2017 my old SMPS of 650 watts died on me and my hardware retailer did not have either 750 watts or 850 watts. They had only the 1000 watts and the later 1200 watts and the 1600 watts SMPS. Hence I chose the 1000 watts too. )

Hard drive = 2 TB SATA drive for OS and 1 TB For Steam gaming. ( Maybe Later will Upgrade to M.2 NVME SSD )

Speakers = Logitech z906 5.1 ch THX Surround sound speakers.

Keyboard and Mouse = Logitech USB Plug and Play nothing fancy though.

OS = Windows 11 Pro registered version.

Also to be noted that I am more interested to buy CM full tower cases ( because it is more popular in our city and can be easily availed from my hardware retailer similar to HAF or more too. )

I thank you all again in advance for making my knowledge be enhanced more about various knowledge I come across in order to learn from this forum too. Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:
The Problem with my HAF 932 is that it just has one front Panel fan that is working the rest PC case cooling fans died out with the growing age.
I tried to replace the original fan with the smaller version of having 120 mm fans multiple of them still the PC seems to be running a bit hot.
So the only problem is - fans have died.
Replace them with appropriate size fans. You do not need original CM fans for this.
Minimum necessary config is 230mm intake fan in front and 140mm exhaust fan in rear. Make sure fans are oriented correctly.

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Good afternoon again I thank you again kind sir for replying to me. I tried to replace them with appropriate size fans as been described by you. It lasted me a mere 1.5 years maximum. I got Circle 120 mm Led fans because it was affordable to my budget too. All of them died away with time and the PC Case just because it has a metal body is having a lot of rust leading to corrosion that got accumulated due to the growing time too.
I need a PC case that has the ability to have a DVD drive bay facility in it because most of my magazine interactive DVD that appears with the growing time are all in Dual Layer Interactive DVD from whom I can learn monthly basis.
An Indian Magazine called Digit used to give Interactive DVDs along with the magazine. Since I have been collecting all of the magazines since they got launched in India for the last 20 years. Hence I need the DVD bay in order to learn from these interactive DVDs.
I knew there would be less availability of DVD writers hence when I purchased the last DVD writer I got two of them.

I hope to hear from you again very soon, have a nice day and a pleasant afternoon.

I tried to replace them with appropriate size fans as been described by you. It lasted me a mere 1.5 years maximum.
I got Circle 120 mm Led fans because it was affordable to my budget too.
PC Case just because it has a metal body is having a lot of rust leading to corrosion that got accumulated due to the growing time too.
120mm fans are not appropriate. You need 230mm and 140mm.

Can you show any photos of your case? How bad is the corrosion?
(upload images to imgur.com and post link)

Oh, you have ..
holes in front panel,​
missing rear fan and​
120mm fan instead of 230mm in front.​
Not surprised, this results in poor cooling.
If you fixed those issues, it would provide sufficient cooling performance.

I'm guessing - you don't want to fix your current case and have absolutely decided on getting a new one. Right?

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Yes, I am fixed my mind to getting a new PC case because the amount of money needed to mend all the issues is equal to a new PC case too. In my city, they do not sell the 12-year-old PC case parts. I tried to look for the parts unable to find any of them too.

I thank you again for the answer, have a nice day.

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
I am in Calcutta in India and my home is on top of a busy road very dusty and too much pollution. I need the full tower because it will again last a few more builds usually exchange my old pc parts in order to compensate with the new pc parts too, from my hardware retailer.

Thank you again for answering me kind sir have a pleasant afternoon.

I am in Calcutta in India and my home is on top of a busy road very dusty and too much pollution. I need the full tower because it will again last a few more builds usually exchange my old pc parts in order to compensate with the new pc parts too, from my hardware retailer.

Thank you again for answering me kind sir have a pleasant afternoon.
Go to MD Computers in Chandni Market. You will find one of the best stocks there in the entire city. Their online portal might not be updated always. Okhane motamuti sob pabe.

need the full tower because it will again last a few more builds usually exchange my old pc parts in order to compensate with the new pc parts too, from my hardware retailer.
That doesnt make sense in the context you are saying. A good quality mid tower can last equal number of builds.

Reactions: suvo30

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Eikhane Bengali ( It means that a Bengali person in here I am a bit surprised because usually in a lot of years. I have not met a person of my origin here in this forum of mutual exchanges of knowledge too. )
I have private retailers who give me better prices than MD Computers do and doorstep delivery too same as MD Computers.
I am exchanging this PC Case with a much newer and upgraded RGB full tower PC case too. I choose full-tower because I have a budget-friendly AMD because I was sort of my funds so settled for an AMD for now.

I thank you again for your kind reply have a pleasant afternoon.

Eikhane Bengali ( It means that a Bengali person in here I am a bit surprised because usually in a lot of years. I have not met a person of my origin here in this forum of mutual exchanges of knowledge too. )
Always a first time bro. ;)

I choose full-tower because I have a budget-friendly AMD because I was sort of my funds so settled for an AMD for now.
Still doesn't make sense but since you have already made up your mind, so be it.
In that case, let us know what choices you have and maybe we can suggest the best possible option for you. And yes, avoid those cheap Circle products found in abundance. They are mostly Chinese garbage.

I have decided to go for either the Cosmos II 25th Anniversary if it is available or the newer version of Cosmos known as Cooler Master C700 M. Any advice regarding these two pc cases will be helpful. Thanks in advance once again.

COSMOS C700M Full Tower PC Case | Cooler Master

COSMOS II 25th Anniversary Edition | Cooler Master India
When it comes to cases, I trust this guys review...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLc9jiBgXYQ&t=691s

And if he says its good, then you can be rest assured.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Both are decent, especially with filters removed. But there's much better quality that will have zero issues lasting just as long, if not longer, for a fraction of the costs. $400+ for a case is nuts for most ppl. There's little to no benefit and overall very little value to such a purchase, which is why those full towers are named Halo products. Bigger is by no means a measure of better.

Status
Not open for further replies.