After BIOS update Windows 7 cannot read/display images

Evercroft

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I have a custom desktop, recently it started having constant BSoDs, I was able to pin the problem on the BIOS and flashed it.
Once I flashed it the BSoDs stopped however Windows Explorer and Windows Photo Viewer could not view images, the desktop was stuck on black and I could not change the personalization settings at all.
I updated the BIOS with MSI Live Update which I later learned is not good at doing this, to fix that I set the BIOS back to its backup and then flashed it manually, everything checked out but the problem persisted.

My specs are as follows:
Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P23
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Black Edition
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 2GB
HDD: WD 500GB HDD

Browsers and other third-party programs can view and edit images fine.

If you need any additional info just ask.

Evercroft

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I've done a memory test and it checked out fine, GFX drivers are all up to date, tried running sfc /scannow but a window popped up for a second then disappeared. I wanna avoid reinstalling Windows 7 because of the irritation that goes with having to redo my work of getting it set up, anything else I can try to fix it before I have to just reinstall it completely?

Evercroft

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Event viewer displays an error and asks to close. ( Copy of the error http://pastebin.com/HxZXcGK6)
Then it says that MMC cannot initialize the snaptrace and doesn't display anything after that, no events are shown within it.

Ran sfc /scannow in safemode and it actually started up this time, it went through a very long process of verification till it got to 100% then closed out.