[SOLVED] After changing RAM XMP profile PC crashes after period of time.

EBarratt

Commendable
Dec 28, 2020
I recently realised that my RAM was not running at the advertised rate of 2400mhz due to the profile settings. At the moment it is running at 2133mhz however if i change the profile to the 2400mhz my computer shows the blue screen of death after approximately half an hour.
As far as I am aware the motherboard is able to run +3200Mhz according the the MSI website. Any help?

Motherboard: MSI A320 PRO-M2
RAM – Team Group T-FORCE GAMING DDR4 8GB
Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti AERO ITX 4G OCV1
Processor - AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (Quad Core)

Solution
I'm not sure if MSI's BIOS has something like ASUS' Memory Tweaker where you can reload all the defaults because there are, I believe 30 to 40 variables that the RAM needs to consider.

Best bet is to remove the CMOS battery to clear everything out. Then you can just go with the default XMP settings.

*Please refer to your manual on how to properly clear CMOS on your specific motherboard.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
I'm not sure if MSI's BIOS has something like ASUS' Memory Tweaker where you can reload all the defaults because there are, I believe 30 to 40 variables that the RAM needs to consider.

Best bet is to remove the CMOS battery to clear everything out. Then you can just go with the default XMP settings.

*Please refer to your manual on how to properly clear CMOS on your specific motherboard.

Solution