Question After CPU Upgrade no Performance change.

fainamvm

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
Hello my old CPU was Intel Pen G3260 With a GPU GT730, I upgraded to i5 4590S and in CSGO I have exactly same performance, feels like I didnt change anything at all. I know my GPU is bad and I plan to upgrade but I just wanted to test. Why is that any ideas? my motherboard is GA-H81M-S1 rev 2.1, Bios version FF. I dont expect insane fps jump , but atleast it should be higher? CSGO is cpu intensive. Thank you in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Simply changing the CPU will not net you any gain on games. You're going to have to change the GPU as well. To also mention, you've dropped in a lower TDP processor part which is was geared towards system's that power kiosks or even ATM's, not needing a discrete GPU.

fainamvm

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
Did you monitor cpu and gpu before and after the upgrade. Although cs go is generally cpu bound the 730 is really weak and you could have been gpu limited. If correct then a cpu upgrade wouldn’t help.
Yes i did, but theres people getting Higher fps with worse processor? and GPU. I dont think I should get 0 performance boost even with old GPU.

Yes i did, but theres people getting Higher fps with worse processor? and GPU. I dont think I should get 0 performance boost even with old GPU.
There are other factors to consider, not just cpu & gpu such as resolution and game settings. Also if you are referring to YouTube be careful there are a lot of fake/misleading videos.

What was your gpu usage before and after the cpu upgrade? You are not using V-Sync?

Broadly speaking I'd expect CPUs of the same generation to have the same theoretical max clocks.

I believe CSGO is rather core/thread limited so a CPU of the same generation won't really give much more fps. Those extra core/threads aren't being utilised by the game.

fainamvm

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
There are other factors to consider, not just cpu & gpu such as resolution and game settings. Also if you are referring to YouTube be careful there are a lot of fake/misleading videos.

What was your gpu usage before and after the cpu upgrade? You are not using V-Sync?
Good point btw, I did not check my OLD CPU temps, But i checked with i5 4590s , and GPU Usage sits at 97-98 all the time, and CPU usage wont go HIGHER THAN 35%?:D sometimes dropping like to 9%, I feel thats the problem? any ideas guys? Or its insane bottleneck with my GPU? GT 730.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS