After doing some gpu swapping i have transparent textures in some games.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
So i was doing some testing. Comparing the ATI Radeon HD 2600 xt to an HD 5450, everything went well and the results showed atleast 10 fps more in almost all games on the 2600 xt which i had prior to swapping so i put it in there and turned on my pc. Everything is 100% fine. I wanted to play some FNV so i turned it on and it launches and when i get into a game i can see the mountians in the distance have missing (triangle mostly shaped) textures, which are transparent (the game also crashes after 5 seconds). So i go into warface, same. Same in tf2. In games like fortnite nothing but i'm super scared right now. I have no idea whats going on and why is it going on. So if anybody has any idea how to fix it id be more than happy to hear it.

Solution
Recommend removing your display drivers in safe mode completely with Display Driver Uninstaller followed by installation on newest GPU drivers in Windows.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Thank you so much. This legit worked. You saved my ass.

Apr 8, 2020
Recommend removing your display drivers in safe mode completely with Display Driver Uninstaller followed by installation on newest GPU drivers in Windows.
Hello jr9, im Having a similar problem and this is the only place I found a solution. The thing is my english is not so good and neither are my computing skills. If it isnt too much trouble, could you give me a more detailed explanation of that process? I would be very grateful