Question After installing new Kllisre RAM on my laptop, It didnt boot up stuck on black screen.

Aalekh Sajonia

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
I purchased a new RAM after installing it in my laptop I have MSI GE62 6QF with 8GB SK Hynix memory 2133mhz.

When I try to install my new Kllisre ram on my laptop my laptop never boots up it tends to be stuck on black screen and the HDD LED flickers rapidly.

I tried to install Kllisre ram alone and it still didnt work out. I check the timing and Speed all are same with my old ram.

I updated the BIOS and EC firmware to the laterst version still no success.
I tried it on my friends laptop and it worked fine without any issue, but didnt seems to work on my laptop.

I tried resetting the CMOS but still no luck i tried it on different RAM slot no success either. What can be the problem with the RAM.

My ram is
Kllisre pc4-17000S-CL15
8GB DDR4 2133

You have already established that the issue is, most likely, your laptop is not compatible with that specific RAM module. Just because it works in your friend's laptop does not mean that it will work in your laptop.

As a general rule, when adding RAM to laptops, you should MATCH the new RAM with the RAM that is already installed in your laptop.

Another general rule to follow is, if you want high quality RAM, don't buy it from AliExpress, or DHGate. Most of what you're going to get from suppliers like that is not worth buying.

Reactions: Aalekh Sajonia

Aalekh Sajonia

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
You have already established that the issue is, most likely, your laptop is not compatible with that specific RAM module. Just because it works in your friend's laptop does not mean that it will work in your laptop.

As a general rule, when adding RAM to laptops, you should MATCH the new RAM with the RAM that is already installed in your laptop.

Another general rule to follow is, if you want high quality RAM, don't buy it from AliExpress, or DHGate. Most of what you're going to get from suppliers like that is not worth buying.

I matched the CL timing and the Speed of the ram and all were same with my old RAM, Why a laptop maker will make their laptop incompatible with some particular type of RAM.

I even read reviews on Aliexpress and it tends to work on some other MSI laptops but not mine.

You have the situation backward....MSI did not MAKE their laptop incompatible with RAM that a virtual unknown player in the RAM marketplace offers for sale. This Kllisre RAM is manufactured and graded with very loose specifications, so it will be hit and miss as far as the type and number of systems that it will work in.

As such, it can only be considered to be a very low-quality product line; which is what you should avoid when selecting RAM.

Don't blame MSI for the natural consequences of selecting poor quality memory product, because MSI does publicly publish a QVL for each of their products that specifies specific brands and models of memory that are tested and confirmed to work properly.

Return the RAM, and purchase in accordance with the QVL for your specific model of laptop.

Last edited: