After memory upgrade performance decrease

vitamina360

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Recently I upgraded the memory of my old fujitsu-siemens Xi amilo 1526, Geforce 7600, running Win7 Ultimate, from 1Gb (2x512 Mb Samsung PC4200) to 2Gb (2x1Gb Kingston RMN2-800). I knew that the chipset i945PM supports a max. of 4Gb, DDR2 667Mhz. I would be happy with a slight improve in performance but in fact what I see in Win7 performance test is a lost in graphic performance. Before the upgrade, I had an overall test of 4,5 (with 4,7 in graphic and 4,6 in games itens). Amazingly, after the upgrade I get an overall test of 4,5 (with 4,5 in every item). Drives are updated, as well as bios (1.27) and the memories are both recognised and working at 322 MHz, dual channel.
I would appreciate an explanation for that and if there is anything I can do to get at least the previous graphic performance. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it. Windows 7 experience measures using individual benchmarks. Mine actually gave higher ratings to onboard video over a low end video card, though the video card ran may old game smoother.

TRENDING THREADS