[SOLVED] After playing DOOM for 1h and 30 min the pc just shuts itself down with no warning, think it might be temperature related, help

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
So I bought Doom 4 days ago and started playing and first 3 days everything is fine and I played for 5 hours non stop, then when the weather changed outside to like 34 degrees celsius my pc started shuting itself after 1H 30M of playing doom, I play on high, my gpu is rx580 4gb asus , Fx 8300(not overclocked) psu is MWE white 500w cooler master and 8 gb kingston hyperx fury red, The temp hits around 80 degrees on motherboard and cpu is 83 I think. At idle it is 35-40 degrees celsius for motherboard and cpu. Gpu doesnt go over 70 degrees when gaming. Also whenever it shuts down I can just start it up again with no error text messages. Happened to me 3 times in the last 3 days, and cant go over 1h and 30 min aprox while playing doom, tried playing gwent and could play it without pc shuting down so my guess its the high temperature but I need help what to do. Bought my PSU a month ago and played games like Dark souls 3 and Monster hunter world for longer and with no issues.

Solution
Sounds like a bad tech guy. Thermal paste goes hard after a while and whenever you take the cpu cooler off you should replace the paste. This definitely could be a reason for heat issues.

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
It’s a pretty poor quality psu, could be a sign it is dying. However I seem to remember the max temperature of FX CPU’s should 63c or thereabouts, so if 80c then it is overheating.
yeah I know the psu isnt top but my last one was even worse, didnt even have a rating of any kind, but even with that psu i could play for more than 4 hours. Could be cpu but if it is, what can I do? My pc used to be under my table in a small 4 wood box now I put the pc on top of my table, can that fix anything?

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
Try cleaning out all fans of dust and replacing the thermal paste used on the cpu.
I cleaned the dust, but while we are at the thermal paste, I havent changed it for last 3 years that I have it and the guy that fixes my computer doesnt do that and I even asked him about that if he could put it and he refused telling me something about it doesnt need to be put cause it is clean or somesuch. Is this the truth or do I need to put thermal paste asap?

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
Sounds like a bad tech guy. Thermal paste goes hard after a while and whenever you take the cpu cooler off you should replace the paste. This definitely could be a reason for heat issues.
Ok then, what kind of thermal paste should I get? does it matter? is there any specific brand that is bad or worse than others? Also I saw that my CPU does go over the max temp on site of amd that is 70 degrees and mine goes over 80 so guess thats the reason pc shuts down, dunno why didnt happen before.