After raid no HDD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tagget_20

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I THINK I accidentally raided my SSD's (not sure).
I installed a new Samsung 970 EVO SSD and used the samsungs migrating software to put the operating system on new drive.
I had everything there. My existing internal storage HDD, DVD drive, and the new SSD with the successfully migrated windows to my new drive and also showed the old SSD with the data still on (data just copied across I guess) and a reserved partion.

This where the shit hit the fan.

I thought I must raid it(didn't understand much about it)
went through the BIOS on my ASUS motherboard and in the wizard I chose to raid it and now the only thing to show in the opened windows under "Computer" is the C: Drive my new drive only I guess because it only shows the SSD GB size.

I went into disk manager and only found my new SSD970 described so and the other saying "Intel Raid 0 volume SCSI Disk Device.

How can I scrap this set up and get back to where it was.

Please help :??:

Kind Regards
Tagget

I hope I didn't lose any data. I'm sure I didn't delete anything.

Putting it into raid effectively reformats the disk, hence deleting stuff.

I know this thread is moving very quickly, but listen to skynetrising, do not jump ahead of him, there is a small chance of recovery of some of your files, but this will be dramatically reduced if you do the wrong thing at the wrong time.You should prepare for full data loss however.

The only chance is if no format was done in Windows and the bios just initialised ready for raid, but in which case I'm not sure which Windows instalation was being used to see this. A recovery program would still be needed.

Show raid storage configuration from this screen:
20181018-221929.jpg

What's the motherboard model name BTW?