Question After unplugging, PC does not power up for a long time. When it finally does, everything is fine until next unplug.

Apr 14, 2021
Hello, when I unplug my PC from power (for moving or because of power shortages) it does not power up. After pressing the power button, MB LED is lit, sometimes fans move a little bit, but that is it. I have to switch off the power supply and press the power on button repeatedly many, many times. Sometimes, reseting the cmos helps, but usually it takes trial and error method.
When finally (sometimes after 20 minutes) PC powers up, everything is fine and it works correctly with no issues. Even after switching it off (not unplugging from the power outlet), next time it starts correctly.
It is working until a next power shortage or unplugging from an outlet. Then I have to endure this whole torture again and it has been working like this for 4 last years.
I have tried to run with all memory modules and/or graphic card and/or disc drives. MB was already checked within warranty, a new power supply was purchased. The only thing I have not tried to exchange is the processor. I do not remember my system specs , I am typing at work, sorry :).
But I wonder what principally could cause this mystical behaviour?
Thanks a lot for any enlightenment.

Apr 14, 2021
My rig consists of:
CPU: Intel Xeon CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz
MB: Asus B-85 Pro Gamer
RAM: 2X 4GB Fury HyperX
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5
PSU: Seasonic, model SS-620GM Active PFC F3, data sheet shows the overall power output 620 W. I have bought it 4 years ago (like almost all the components)
Regarding the CMOS battery, I have replaced it several times. Although scarcely, when booting, I get an error message about loading the BIOS default settings...
Thank you.

The motherboard cmos battery is there to maintain the bios settings across a power disconnect.
If the battery is old or faulty, you will revert to a default bios setting.
From there, it takes the bios a while to get settings for ram and other parts. It may take a while to discover that unused adapters have nothing connected.
The usual battery is a cr2032.
Your motherboard manual should identify it.

Apr 14, 2021
The motherboard cmos battery is there to maintain the bios settings across a power disconnect.
If the battery is old or faulty, you will revert to a default bios setting.
From there, it takes the bios a while to get settings for ram and other parts. It may take a while to discover that unused adapters have nothing connected.
The usual battery is a cr2032.
Your motherboard manual should identify it.
Yes, but that does not solve the problem with not powering up.

Apr 14, 2021
Suspect PSU.
Please list full specs of your system. Include model name of psu.
My rig consists of:
CPU: Intel Xeon CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz
MB: Asus B-85 Pro Gamer
RAM: 2X 4GB Fury HyperX
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5
PSU: Seasonic, model SS-620GM Active PFC F3, data sheet shows the overall power output 620 W. I have bought it 4 years ago (like almost all the components