Question AI Suite III issues

Sep 1, 2021
Greetings,

I have a computer with an ASUS Prime B450-PLUS motherboard, with the included Wraith Prism cooler for my CPU, and four Stella HP ARGB 120 mm CF fans, one at the back and three at the front, with all four of them connected to an LED and Fan Splitter and then with a single cable from there connecting it to the motherboard.

The BIOS detects three fans and the CPU Fan and I've never particularly put too much thought into it, since it worked, with the CPU Fan automatically set to PWM mode and the chassis fans to DC and the fan curve set in the BIOS. However, since the case itself, a Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB, is relatively open, I can hear the fans pretty well, and I've sort of started to wish to be able to switch the fan curve or switch to a more silent mode when I wanted to, which made me download the AI Suite III from my motherboard's support web page. It installed, then I pressed on Fan Tuning, and it loaded. I can control the CPU Fan perfectly, but the Chassis fans are an issue. It only detects the Chassis Fan 3, but it also marks it as unknown, and it doesn't allow me to properly do anything with it. I can't set a fan curve because anything until at roughly 95% fan spinning is marked with red, and of course, the silent, standard, and turbo modes also do nothing. Fixed RPM mode also doesn't work, because anything under than 95% is marked with red, and if I lower the RPM under it it just automatically falls to 0. And this is somewhat of an issue because the chassis fans, being three/four and in front are a bit louder than the CPU fan.

I thought that maybe I was supposed to set them to PWM, even though I'm not fully sure about the difference, and I was fairly certain that they had a three pin connector (which from what I remembered meant DC), and sure enough, in the BIOS it looks as if it works, it allows me to set a fan curve, everything, but running Fan Tuning from the AI Suite didn't find the chassis fans at all, so I put them back into DC Mode in the BIOS.

But at this point I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure if this is a software issue, if there is something I should change in the BIOS, or if there is an issue with the way the fans are connected, but it's way above my level of knowledge, so any help would be highly appreciated xD

I'll attach a few screenshots of the AI Suite to the post.

r9EaDNS.png

Lig9dTe.png

qfbSJlP.png

TZ8zVEL.png

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? On that note, you mentioned having the fans on a splitter, are they all coming off CHA_FAN 3's header and tethered to a splitter? If so, then the answer is there. Also, are the case fans PWM?

Click the back button so your screen looks like this
RZpvY5T.png

The click on fan tuning. it will go through each of your fans slowing them down and then ramping them up. Once done you can then use the 4 preset buttons to set your fan speeds.

There will be a little slideout at the bottom right of your screen to quick select what speeds you want.

Sep 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? On that note, you mentioned having the fans on a splitter, are they all coming off CHA_FAN 3's header and tethered to a splitter? If so, then the answer is there. Also, are the case fans PWM?
I'm on version 3205, since I'm also running the Windows 11 beta, but I updated partially in order to see if Windows 11 would fix the issue, the issue was also present on BIOS version 3202 and Windows 10.

The hardware part of it is a bit beyond my level of knowledge, since I was helped by a friend to build the PC and to connect the cables, but the cables coming from the fans are all bound to a thing that was included in the case, and which the manual calls an "ARGB LED and Fan Splitter", and from it there come two cables that connect it to the motherboard, one for the RGB, and one that is connected to the motherboard port CHA_FAN 3.

To my knowledge the fans are DC. The fans,Stella HP ARGB 120 CF, came included with the case, and the company in question has pages for the same type of fans in both a PWM and a DC variant, and the webpage for the case doesn't precisely specify which of them is, but the cables coming out from the fans have three connectors. The cable connecting the Fan Splitter to the motherboard however has four connectors, and is described in the case's manual as a "3 or 4 pin PWM"

Sep 1, 2021
Click the back button so your screen looks like this
RZpvY5T.png

The click on fan tuning. it will go through each of your fans slowing them down and then ramping them up. Once done you can then use the 4 preset buttons to set your fan speeds.

There will be a little slideout at the bottom right of your screen to quick select what speeds you want.
I have attempted to do this, but that's the thing, it doesn't work. the screenshots that I provided are from after I attempted to do the Fan Tuning, and as you can see, the area marked as red for my Chassis Fan 3 is significantly larger.