[SOLVED] Aio Cooler

Real_4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2016
i am planing on swaping out my current water cooler as i had it for nearly 6 years and still goin strong and already had to replace the pump 2 years ago also they stoped making the parts/support for it 1st one > https://www.cclonline.com/mag-coreliquid-p360-msi-mag-coreliquid-p360-aio-360mm-cpu-cooler-371441/ or https://www.cclonline.com/383110983...XspmYbJV3LJqVgnaZ1rJhonM1RJnGBdxoCwS0QAvD_BwE also i am open to suggestions i would rpefer non rgb version as i can use my current fans on it Thanks.

Solution
then ill stick with Asus Rog Strix LC 360m for later down the line as planing on getting a new cpu to go with it as i am currently using Fractal Design Celcius s36 360m Aio so planing on swaping it out for new cpu when i get one also not sure if upgrade would be good or should i get it anyways ? :D
my current cooler specs:
Maximum air flow
148.8 m3/h | 87.6 CFM
[4:05 PM]
Maximum static pressure
2.30 mm H2O
Those specs are nigh useless. They apply only when there are no other obstacles to airflow, and the fans are running at 100%.
Inside a case, there are obstacles that reduce performance all around, such as the case panel the rad is installed against, the user's fan setup, drive cage, etc.
Almost no one regularly runs their fans...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
is msi coreliquid that bad ??
Msi doesn't actually make the coolers, another company(Apaltek) does, for the MAG and MPG models. Another company(Asetek) assembles the MEG. Msi just slaps their fans and accents on them.
The coolant in the MAG and MPG is contaminated. The coolers are clogging up much earlier than they should be; it's inevitable anyway due to factors like galvanic corrosion and the inhibitors in the premixed coolant eventually expiring.
Msi is downplaying the severity of the issue and only allowing RMA for a limited batch of MAGs, when it affects the entire MAG and MPG product lines.
The Coreliquid Version 2s are supposedly not affected...

There are 3 different locations for AIO pumps: radiator, waterblock/cpu block, and in-line tube. They affect viable radiator locations.
MAG and MPG have it in the radiator. Front mount these only. A top mount won't last.
MEG has it in the cpu block. Top mount works, front mount works, with a catch, depending on how large the radiator is.
Msi currently does not have any in-line units. An example of one is be quiet's Pure Loop/2. I believe in-line has the same options as cpu block.

Whether the Version 2s really are resolved from the dirty coolant, I don't know, but if they are, and users are still seeing units die off early, radiator position may be a factor; because of pump location, they really shouldn't be top mounted.

Reactions: Real_4

Real_4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2016
then ill stick with Asus Rog Strix LC 360m for later down the line as planing on getting a new cpu to go with it as i am currently using Fractal Design Celcius s36 360m Aio so planing on swaping it out for new cpu when i get one also not sure if upgrade would be good or should i get it anyways ? :D
my current cooler specs:
Maximum air flow
148.8 m3/h | 87.6 CFM
Maximum static pressure
2.30 mm H2O

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
my current cooler specs:
Maximum air flow
148.8 m3/h | 87.6 CFM
Maximum static pressure
2.30 mm H2O
Those specs are nigh useless. They apply only when there are no other obstacles to airflow, and the fans are running at 100%.
Inside a case, there are obstacles that reduce performance all around, such as the case panel the rad is installed against, the user's fan setup, drive cage, etc.
Almost no one regularly runs their fans at 100%, and the performance below that is anyone's guess, as fan curves do not scale linearly; fans perform better/worse than others at a given rpm.

The move from one 360mm to another 360mm could be nothing more than a side-grade.

Solution

Real_4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2016
i mean i gota swap it out as i got no warranty on the aio anymore and had to swap the pump out 3 years ago also they dont make them anymore so cant get parts to replace if it goes wrong but iv decided gona see if the new cpu will be working fine with temps if not ill get the Asus Strix LC or similar one to what i have as i dont rly want to spend to much that not gona benefit much. for example this that wont break the bank https://www.cclonline.com/383110983...wj--bp8YJig-hP9ihzD2NzQ0HvKyfbYxoCD48QAvD_BwE:D

Last edited: