Question AIO Fan stops and starts ?

BVleu

Reputable
Sep 13, 2019
So I recently got a new PC and this seems to be happening to one of my AIO fans, all other PC fans work fine.

Here is a video of what is happening to the fan
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCX6uIrXkI

Though it will RANDOMLY start to spin and sync with the CPU fan but it will stop maybe every 10 minutes or sometimes it can be longer.

Specs:
Corsair RM1000x PSU
RTX 4090
i9-13900K
32GB RAM

Things I have tried:

• Made sure no dust in the fans / tried to manually spin the fan to start it nothing
  • Changed multiple FAN profiles
  • Checked cable connections (its plugged into the CPU OPT FAN)

It is also not related to the temperature of the PC as running a benchmark it still does not boot up the fan.

Issue has been fixed, replaced with new fan.

Last edited:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Three possible causes.
1. The two fans are plugged into DIFFERENT fan headers so that they receive different control signals, and one of them is set to "tell" that fan to run too slow at modest temperatures. So, where are the two fans plugged in?
2. The two fans ARE connected to the same source, but that one is wearing out and stalls at a low speed setting, whereas the other "identical" fan can keep running at that signal setting.
3. There is some item causing that fan to run slower for the SAME speed signal. This MIGHT be a small switch on the fan for Low / Med / High speed, or a "Low Noise" adapter little item inserted into the fan's wiring connections that reduces the power fed to it.

As Lutfij said, give us more details.

BVleu

Reputable
Sep 13, 2019
Three possible causes.
1. The two fans are plugged into DIFFERENT fan headers so that they receive different control signals, and one of them is set to "tell" that fan to run too slow at modest temperatures. So, where are the two fans plugged in?
2. The two fans ARE connected to the same source, but that one is wearing out and stalls at a low speed setting, whereas the other "identical" fan can keep running at that signal setting.
3. There is some item causing that fan to run slower for the SAME speed signal. This MIGHT be a small switch on the fan for Low / Med / High speed, or a "Low Noise" adapter little item inserted into the fan's wiring connections that reduces the power fed to it.

As Lutfij said, give us more details.

The fan was faulty, I replaced it with a new fan, no more issues all runs at the same speed as the CPU fan :)