Mar 31, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a Acer Aspire Z3771 AIO spec as below:
Core i5
4GB DDR3
1TB Hard Drive
1GB NVIDIA® GeForce GT520 Graphics
Intel H61 MoBo

I have just changed the GT520 to a GT1030, and used the driver 391.35 from Nvidia site.
The driver install is ok, and i can see the gt1030 in device manager below the intel HD Graphics with no yellow mark.

However the PC is using Intel HD Graphics all the time even in gaming, and when i try to open NV Control Panel, it says "you are not currently using a display connecting to a nvidia gpu".

I then connected my desktop display directly to the 1030 hdmi port, now i end up with 2 displays:
AIO display X Intel HD Graphics, 2nd display X GT1030
and the 1030 is working now but only when running games in the 2nd display, very high fps BTW.

AIO display is LCD panel, with LVDS connected to the MoBo.

It was working fine with the GT520 before, could anyone help with getting the GT1030 setup on the AIO display please or figure out what the problem is out there.

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
See if the bios allows to turn off the onboard gpu.
DL DDU from guru3d, uninstall all Nv software, reboot into safe mode and clean with ddu.
Reboot and install the latest driver im custom setup, and untick the boxes for 3d. Reboot.

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
See if the bios allows to turn off the onboard gpu.
DL DDU from guru3d, uninstall all Nv software, reboot into safe mode and clean with ddu.
Reboot and install the latest driver im custom setup, and untick the boxes for 3d. Reboot.

Mar 31, 2018

has tried ddu and simplest install, now working.

the MoBo runs BIOS, is UEFI update necessary for the GT1030?

Do you have a cable (something like HDMI or DVI) connecting your graphics card's external port to an internal port on the motherboard? From what little information I could find on this, it sounds like the motherboard may include such a port, and it would likely be necessary to connect the output from the card to the built-in screen.