Question AIO making weird sound?

Feb 6, 2024
Video of sound

I just bought a pre-built pc a week ago and it just started making this weird sound last night . At first I thought maybe something was stuck in one of the fans or one was hitting against something, but I didn't see anything when I looked. This pc also has a Cooler Master AIO, so I'm wondering if it could be that. This is my first pc with an AIO so I'm not entirely sure if it could be that or if this is a normal operating sound for one, but I'm leaning towards it being the AIO.

I was also able to get it to temporarily stop by shutting down the pc and restarting, but it came back after awhile

Is there a way to make this noise stop permanently?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
How do you have the pump/tubes/rad oriented?

There are loads of vids and whatnot, but you want to make sure the pump can't be oriented in a way that air can get trapped in it. From your video I didn't hear anything completely out of hand. Pumps do make noise. I am also about conversationally deaf, might wait for someone else to chime in on that aspect.

Feb 6, 2024
How do you have the pump/tubes/rad oriented?

There are loads of vids and whatnot, but you want to make sure the pump can't be oriented in a way that air can get trapped in it. From your video I didn't hear anything completely out of hand. Pumps do make noise. I am also about conversationally deaf, might wait for someone else to chime in on that aspect.
It's actually a Powerspec pre-built I bought from MicroCenter, but this is how the AIO setup looks.
As an aside, the noise doesn't seem to start happening until after I've been using my system for a few hours and not strenuously (although the one time it started after only about 30 mins - an hour). Each time it's happened, I've only had a few Chrome tabs open and have been watching a video on the side. I also started monitoring the cpu and system temps and they haven't been all that high, the cpu temp fluctuates between 35c to 40c which seems pretty reasonable to me. I also read it could be air bubbles in the AIO, so I've tried gently tilting my pc forwards and backwards with no results. The only thing that even temporarily stops the sound is shutting the pc off and then back on.

Last edited: