Question Aio pump not cooling cpu as it should

Feb 7, 2023
Hello! So im having a problem with what i think could be my AIO pump. So i have a Thermaltake TH240 and an intel i9 9900k and it was working great temps during idle were 35-40c and while gamin way below 80c. But recently the temps not are either 50-67c while idle and high 90’s to 100c while gaming. Now ive reseated the cooler, checked for air bubbles or anything blocking the pipe and even reseated the cpu. I still have not re-added thermal paste since im using liquid metal. I did however ordered some thermalpaste and a “BeQuiet! 240m aio pump” to be more on the safe side just in case.

I did he see reviews online about thermaltake aio pumps and how they break after 6 months to a year of usage and what not but i dont know. I bever overclocked nor stressed my system since i only yse it for videogames and watching videos n what not

But i also think it might be my cpu too but im not too sure.. im not that smart when it comes to computer parts n what not.

Hello! So im having a problem with what i think could be my AIO pump. So i have a Thermaltake TH240 and an intel i9 9900k and it was working great temps during idle were 35-40c and while gamin way below 80c. But recently the temps not are either 50-67c while idle and high 90’s to 100c while gaming. Now ive reseated the cooler, checked for air bubbles or anything blocking the pipe and even reseated the cpu. I still have not re-added thermal paste since im using liquid metal. I did however ordered some thermalpaste and a “BeQuiet! 240m aio pump” to be more on the safe side just in case.

I did he see reviews online about thermaltake aio pumps and how they break after 6 months to a year of usage and what not but i dont know. I bever overclocked nor stressed my system since i only yse it for videogames and watching videos n what not

But i also think it might be my cpu too but im not too sure.. im not that smart when it comes to computer parts n what not.
I would start at the pump like your saying and replace it, thermal take pumps aren't the worst in the world however they differently aren't the best. But thats OK. As for it being the cpu. It is possible but unlikely, generally if it is the cpu that's the issue it's not a "issue" a lot of the new cpu's are designed with Maxing their capabilities in mind 24/7 that's basically what the turbo step feture is for. It maxes out the cpu causing it to work its hardest. Not bad at all, but not good either it can cause faster wear on the cpu but not to the point of dying they have safety nets built in to keep them safe and where they should be... I feel like it could be just be your PC learning it's limits before setting it's own limiter for the cpu I have had a few asus motherboards do this where they test the cpu range to see what targets it can hit before it locks to set values and keeps the pc at one steady pace

Feb 7, 2023
I would start at the pump like your saying and replace it, thermal take pumps aren't the worst in the world however they differently aren't the best. But thats OK. As for it being the cpu. It is possible but unlikely, generally if it is the cpu that's the issue it's not a "issue" a lot of the new cpu's are designed with Maxing their capabilities in mind 24/7 that's basically what the turbo step feture is for. It maxes out the cpu causing it to work its hardest. Not bad at all, but not good either it can cause faster wear on the cpu but not to the point of dying they have safety nets built in to keep them safe and where they should be... I feel like it could be just be your PC learning it's limits before setting it's own limiter for the cpu I have had a few asus motherboards do this where they test the cpu range to see what targets it can hit before it locks to set values and keeps the pc at one steady pace
Yeah ive deducted its the pump. And i didnt know asus motherboards did that. Its weird if mines doing it now since ive had this cpu for at least two years now? Maybe three. But once the new pump arrives ill switch it n see. I just hope its not the cpu cause thats gonna be a pretty penny.