[SOLVED] Aio pump not working

Jan 21, 2022
Hi I have built my new pc and everything is working fine except there is no power in aio pump and radiator fans. The cooler is Asus ryujin 360 ii and the motherboard is Asus rog Z690 formula. A fan hub is included with the cooler. When I attach the case fans to the fan hub they are working fine. But when I attach the radiator fans and the aio pump to that hub, nothing works. I tried to plug the radiator fans to the motherboard fan header and they are working fine. I can manage this by plugging the radiator fans into the motherboard and the case fans to the fan hub. But the problem is that aio pump has two cables, one cable is plugged into aio pump header on motherboard and the other cable is micro usb which can only be plugged into the fan hub and the fan hub is not powering the aio pump. Sata cable is also connected to the fan hub but still no power. The fan hub is only working with case fans. Please help.

Solution
not supplying the enough power to radiator fans
the radiator's fans need to go to motherboard CPU_FAN header no matter if the hub is working or not.

but the pump is the issue.
is there a USB 2.0 > USB-C/Micro-USB cable in the packaging?
or a cable running directly from the block/pump that ends in a USB 2.0 connector?

and is there a separate USB-C cable in the packaging?
or a second cable running directly from the block/pump that ends in a USB-C connector?
the pump 4pin and the radiator fans' 4pin need to go to motherboard headers.
this is what gives control over radiator fans' RPM.

the micro-usb cable would usually be plugged directly into the block/pump and into a USB 2.0 motherboard header.
but this one may be designed differently.

have you actually followed the directions in the manual?
post a link to their PDF version here.

Jan 21, 2022
Yeah this is where I’m getting confused. It looks like the fan hub is not supplying the enough power to radiator fans and pump. But the case Argb fans are working just fine with the fan hub, all four of them.

not supplying the enough power to radiator fans
the radiator's fans need to go to motherboard CPU_FAN header no matter if the hub is working or not.

but the pump is the issue.
is there a USB 2.0 > USB-C/Micro-USB cable in the packaging?
or a cable running directly from the block/pump that ends in a USB 2.0 connector?

and is there a separate USB-C cable in the packaging?
or a second cable running directly from the block/pump that ends in a USB-C connector?

Solution
Jan 21, 2022
There is no micro usb or usb c cable in the package. I’m trying to find a converter or adapter which can convert this pump cable to usb 2.0 or usb c so that I can plug it in the back of cpu.

Jan 21, 2022
There are only two included cables in the box, one is argb and the other is fan splitter.
Aio pump has two cables one cable is (5 pin) which can be connected to aio pump (4pin) or usb 2.0 (5pin) header in the motherboard, however I have tried both headers but nothing works. The other cable header is micro usb which is connecting to aio fan controller.

you can check the content on page 2
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...I_240/Q17946_ROG_RYUJIN_II_Series_QSG_WEB.pdf

grantbaby80

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
I just installed this AIO in my system, one cable from the pump head has an 8 pin USB 2.0 motherboard connector and the other is a usb-c to the controller. Do not plug the 8 pin cable to the 4 pin aio connector on the mobo. It goes to a usb 2.0 connector on the mobo. Connect the cpu cooler fans using the provided splitter cable to cpu fan header for pwm operation. I would also suggest connecting the case fans to the mobo fan channel connectors on your mobo if you have enough and make sure they are on in your mobo bios. Armoury Crate will then only adjust pump speed and the micro fan speed. Be aware that the LCD display will not display the pump speed but Armoury Crate does. Not a well thought out design in my opinion.