[SOLVED] AIO Pump

Jan 11, 2022
So I was installing new fans and ran out of Jusb ports on my tomahawk b550 mb so I’m currently ordering an internal usb hub, but when I plugged my Corsair h100i back in, the radiator fans spin but rgb stopped working, along with the cpu pump stopping.
Ive checked bios which is why I know that no rpm is coming from the cpu pump.
So how would I get the cpu pump to work again

Solution
Just to be sure, are you looking at this info in iCUE, or in BIOS Setup? iCUE may NOT be working, so do not rely on its info right now. BIOS Setup will give you info. Depending on WHICH mobo header your things are plugged into, that info MAY differ. IF the PUMP is plugged into the CPU_FAN header, it may tell you that it is a "fan" when it is not. However, IF the pump is plugged into a mobo PUMP header, it will use that label BUT the CPU_FAN header will tell you there is NOTHING there because there really is - the pump is on a different header.

If the PUMP speed is NOT shown on the actual header it IS plugged into, try to disconnect it and re-connect it a couple of times. There MIGHT be a simple dirty contact in the plug. If that does...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
First of all, where is the CPU PUMP plugged in, and on WHICH mobo? Normally it is plugged into either a CPU_FAN or a PUMP header, and that's where BIOS Setup will show you its speed.

NEXT, if you are looking in iCUE for the pump and rad fan speeds, that will NOT tell you the info right now. Your tale tells me that iCUE has lost track of where the AIO components are, and where the USB2 communication connection is. I suggest you do this to re-establish communication.

1. UNinstall iCUE. Then go into Device Manager and look on the USB2 device list. Find and REMOVE the Corsair devices.
  2. Reboot. Windows should "find" the Corsair devices again on a USB2 port and ensure their drivers are installed. Now immediately re-Install the iCUE software. It should be able (MAYBE with your help) to find its devices and start controlling them and displaying the pump and rad fan speeds, and give you back lights..

Last edited:
Reactions: ImAqua
Jan 11, 2022
First of all, where is the CPU PUMP plugged in, and on WHICH mobo? Normally it is plugged into either a CPU_FAN or a PUMP header, and that's where BIOS Setup will show you its speed.

NEXT, if you are looking in iCUE for the pump and rad fan speeds, that will NOT tell you the info right now. Your tale tells me that iCUE has lost track of where the AIO components are, and where the USB2 communication connection is. I suggest you do this to re-establish communication.

1. UNinstall iCUE. Then go into Device Manager and look on the USB2 device list. Find and REMOVE the Corsair devices.
  2. Reboot. Windows should "find" the Corsair devices again on a USB2 port and ensure their drivers are installed. Now immediately re-Install the iCUE software. It should be able (MAYBE with your help) to find its devices and start controlling them and displaying the pump and rad fan speeds, and give you back lights..
I was just looking at my motherboard on my bios and it says that the cpu fan/pump is disconnected yet it is plugged in, does this mean I need a new cpu cooler or could that perhaps be fixed

Also, I got lost at the part where you go to usb2 device list. And if I reboot is it a full reset so I have to reinstall everything or just a reset?

Last edited:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just to be sure, are you looking at this info in iCUE, or in BIOS Setup? iCUE may NOT be working, so do not rely on its info right now. BIOS Setup will give you info. Depending on WHICH mobo header your things are plugged into, that info MAY differ. IF the PUMP is plugged into the CPU_FAN header, it may tell you that it is a "fan" when it is not. However, IF the pump is plugged into a mobo PUMP header, it will use that label BUT the CPU_FAN header will tell you there is NOTHING there because there really is - the pump is on a different header.

If the PUMP speed is NOT shown on the actual header it IS plugged into, try to disconnect it and re-connect it a couple of times. There MIGHT be a simple dirty contact in the plug. If that does not give you a pump speed reading, the pump MAY have failed. You can test for that when your system is in use and has warmed up feeling hoses for temperature, in two places. First, at the PUMP, feel the two hoses there right at the pulp connection points. One should feel a bit warm and the other a little cooler. If they both are quite warm and equal, the pump may not be working. Now follow those two hoses over to where they connect to the rad unit. Again, compare them. If one iis slightly warmer than the other that is normal. If both are equal and cool, then the pump probably has failed.

The "find the USB 2 Device" thing is in the Windows tool called Device Manger. To get there, type device manager into the search window at bottom left, then hit Enter. You'll see a long list of devices, and there MAY be a mention of Corsair devices. Of that does not show clearly, go to the bottom and expand the list of Universal Serial Bus Controllers to show you the USB devices the system can "see".

When I said "reboot", I means just a normal shut down and re-start your machine. This does NOT make ANY changes that require re-adjustment or installations. In this particular sequence, all that does is cause the machine to re-start normally and recognize that its Device Manger list does not contain any reference to some real devices, so it detects their presence and updates its list to where those items really are. All this is automatic, and may simply show you some notices of what it is doing. No actions required from you.

Solution
Jan 11, 2022
Thank you for all this help, I’ve decided to switch to my stock cooler for now, seeming as I already had plans to get a 360mm aio in the next month or so. The stock cooler is working fine according to bios, if you can I’d love a 360mm aio recommendation within $200-$300AUD if not I appreciate your time and effort anyways

Jan 11, 2022
Thank you for all this help, I’ve decided to switch to my stock cooler for now, seeming as I already had plans to get a 360mm aio in the next month or so. The stock cooler is working fine according to bios, if you can I’d love a 360mm aio recommendation within $200-$300AUD if not I appreciate your time and effort anyways.
Just to add, I think the issue is a faulty or dirty plug for the fan, seeming as the stock cooler was fine straight away

TRENDING THREADS