Question Alfa USB dongle interferes with Logitech USB keyboard and mouse ?

May 17, 2023
On my Raspi 4 when I plug in the Alfa USB WiFi my keyboard and mouse will lockup after about ten minutes or so. Also will get random letters and cursor movement in terminal. making it very frustrating to type or do much when the Alfa USB is plugged in. Any thought on why this is?

Nice Nicer

Commendable
May 24, 2021
I have had strange problems with my Keyboard and Mouse in combination with a Pi 4 b as well. The Problem solved itself when i started using the raspian os instead of Ubuntu. Which distribution do you use ?

Last edited:
May 17, 2023
I have had strange problems with my Keyboard and Mouse in combination with a Pi 4 b as well. The Problem solved itself when i started using the raspian os instead of Ubuntu. Which distribution do you use ?
Hello and thanks for the reply. I have used both Kali and the Raspian with the same results. Might buy a new keyboard and mouse to see if that works.

Nice Nicer

Commendable
May 24, 2021
I use the Logitech k235 Keyboard and the m170 Mouse with no problems. Maybe the Alfa USB WiFi device ist the cause of the strange behaviour. I'd like to know, why you use it ? There is onboard wifi, is the signal strength the reason ?
Your Keyboard and Mouse are wireless ?

May 17, 2023
I use the Logitech k235 Keyboard and the m170 Mouse with no problems. Maybe the Alfa USB WiFi device ist the cause of the strange behaviour. I'd like to know, why you use it ? There is onboard wifi, is the signal strength the reason ?
Your Keyboard and Mouse are wireless ?
Yes, I use it for the range. My wi-fi is so slow because I can't get a good signal from the router. My IP provider says the box is fine. And I think it's definitely the Alfa causing me the grief all is good until I plug that in.