Aliens: CM One of the Worst Games of All Time?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
And this is why I never buy a game before I rent, borrow or try in some way shape or form first.
EGM? It still exists? WOW!
DNF wasn't THAT BAD. Grant it the graphics were a bit dated, and we waited what 20 years for it? The controls weer solid and the dialog was a riot. Definitely worth the $15 I paid for it (new) a month after release, lol. After being back shelved so long there was no way it was ever going to live up to the hype, but Duke was never "cutting edge" he was just an overgrown sex crazed teen with cheezy zingers.

Sega published. They should have flat out said we can't push this crap out the door, Gearbox fix it or we're suing you for our money back.
Did this game even get playtested or quality control?
Guess I dodged a bullet by passing huh?

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I didn't get the game but I'm watching the news. I suspect that the reason the final game is inferior to the earlier development demos is because they finally realised it wouldn't run well on the consoles so they stripped it down at the end and didn't want to have a separate consoles version and PC version because it is costly to have multiple different versions to do quality assurance on. Also they probably didn't want bitching from console players angry that their version is clearly inferior to the PC version. It looks like Gearbox forgot to consider that PC gamers can unleash an extinction level event shitstorm as well. Goodbye Gearbox, you screwed up too many times now. It's time for your extinction.

unwanted

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Why exactly is it so bad.... I think it's a fine game :| it is terribly short, does make it somewhat easy with your AI buddy seemingly unable to die or run out of ammo and there are some other bugs in the game but nothing more then what's in any other game upon release.

Story could have been better but it wasn't that bad, some gameplay things I would of liked to of seen changed but they wern't that bad either. An alien campaign would of been nice as well but meh. I still had fun playing through it, I just can't see why so many people are saying it's this terribly horrible piece of garbage you wouldn't even go to the toilet on.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
[citation][nom]unwanted[/nom]Why exactly is it so bad.... I think it's a fine game :| it is terribly short, does make it somewhat easy with your AI buddy seemingly unable to die or run out of ammo and there are some other bugs in the game but nothing more then what's in any other game upon release.Story could have been better but it wasn't that bad, some gameplay things I would of liked to of seen changed but they wern't that bad either. An alien campaign would of been nice as well but meh. I still had fun playing through it, I just can't see why so many people are saying it's this terribly horrible piece of garbage you wouldn't even go to the toilet on.[/citation]

I'm guessing whoever thinks its not bad, did not see the earlier demos of the game. They've apparently lameified the game since then.

G

As a huge fan of the Aliens series, Aliens 3 not included for being my personal worst sequel ever, I preorder the collector's edition of Aliens CM and am loving it. Personally, the problems are few and far between for me, the story is not the worst I've ever seen, and the multiplayer is incredibly fun and addictive to get into. I really don't understand why this game gets such a bad rap, it's really not that bad, I'd go so far as to take the 4 IGN gave it and bump it up to around 7.5 or 8. If you like Aliens, own a Hi Def tv, and can get into the multiplayer or you're just an Alien's fan, pick it up. If not, well then rent it sometime and try it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.