Alienware M18X-R2 HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewonderer

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
Alienware M18-R2
GeForce GTX 660M.. i7

Hello. I bought a new AW last xmas. then last month I wanted to connect the HDMI to the tv. they cant figure out why so they ask me to send it to the repair depot. after 10 days I got it back an the BAM! still does not work. So they sent a technician to replace the motherboard. then the technician messed up the wires and the keyboard light does not turn on anymore. so they sent me a replacement a "refurbished" AW after a week. Now when a got the AW I installed all the games and stuff when I played it the FPS drops and all the game is like that. I called again and they said that the Video card is not running well. SO I SENT IT BACK AGAIN!!! after 10 days again i got it today. And guess what! its still running slow The FPS is so slow even if I put the settings in low. so I called and they said that the video card, fan, and this time the battery is faulty. OMFG! really!!! so they told me to send it back again to the facility that did not fix the problem the first place! I NEED HELP WHAT TO DO!!! Do I need to find a lawyer to help me fix this! is there an agent or a supervisor at DELL that handles this kinda issues???? Please help!!!

Thanks
Chris

Emelth

Distinguished
I dont trust AW at all they use shitty components from what I hear, Ive been on these forums for ages and its a constant flow of complaints about AW laptops and customer service.

G

Of course: no vendor ever has problems except for Alienware. Let us ignore the fact that Alienware sells many more laptops than its competitors.

Lonewonderer

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
Finally i spoke with an supervisor. After i explained what happened he told me that let me give him 1 business day to investigate and he said worst comes to worst they can either refund or send me a new Laptop AW with upgraded features like upgraded video card and higer RAM. So I'll keep you guys posted.

Chris

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
It's never a good idea to start spouting off about wanting a lawyer, nothing they could do anyways. Usually if you find the right supervisor that actually wants to help things can get done. I browse forums all day long, and when i see people with issues with our company, I get it resolved, however when they say stuff like that, i usually just pass over it. Just a heads up from a fellow supervisor who crawls random boards :)

--- Edit

although, i seriously do hope everything gets resolved with you. :))))))))) that's an expensive paper weight

Lonewonderer

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
I feel so helpless thats why I said it. But actually I said and already made a move about this. I told him that they should make this thing happen. I know that It's hard for me or other people with this type of situation to find and get help from a lawyer. But there is always a thing called "SMALL CLAIMS COURT" Consumers like us that the big companies take for granted can always get help from the government... Thanks for the comment tho : )

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Well i wasn't saying it to be a douche. I was just saying, even though it's a sad way to put it, just be calm, collected, and to the point. And be very nice, " yes please ", " no thank you " , " thanks for your time " , ect. anyhoo, wasn't trying to be mean, just honest feedback.

Lonewonderer

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
OK. Dell called me yesterday and said that my situation is resolved and they will replace my AW with a new one and they upgraded the video card from GTX660m to GTX675m or free. The RAM from 6 to 8 gb. The wireless from regular to killer wifi, and they sent me a Alienware backpack. So everything is good i just have to wait 2 weeks before i can get it.

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
AWESOME! sounds like you got a nice little deal out of it all, im happy for you. Hopefully the new one won't be nealy as troublesom.

Status
Not open for further replies.