[SOLVED] Alienware R3 13 high cpu temps when gaming

Cubixty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
Hello ,

So I recently bought a Alienware R3 13 laptop since I travel between places quite often . When gaming I notice that my cpu temps are ususally within 85° c - 95°c and Im kind of worried that it may be harming the laptop . I have heard that these are normal temps for a gaming laptop though I just want to make sure just in-case . My cpu is a i7-7700HQ and a GTX 1060 Gpu .

Thanks

Solution
Hello ,

So I recently bought a Alienware R3 13 laptop since I travel between places quite often . When gaming I notice that my cpu temps are ususally within 85° c - 95°c and Im kind of worried that it may be harming the laptop . I have heard that these are normal temps for a gaming laptop though I just want to make sure just in-case . My cpu is a i7-7700HQ and a GTX 1060 Gpu .

Thanks

Those are usually normal temperatures for gaming laptops under load. Cooling in a thin chassis is quite difficult.

The only things you could do to improve temperatures is changing thermal paste and cleaning your fans and radiators(if the laptop was bought used).
Hello ,

Thanks

Those are usually normal temperatures for gaming laptops under load. Cooling in a thin chassis is quite difficult.

The only things you could do to improve temperatures is changing thermal paste and cleaning your fans and radiators(if the laptop was bought used).

Solution

Cubixty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019

Thank you very much! I can now game at ease knowing that its normal , and yes Im going to replace the thermal paste soon. Thanks!