Alienware Respawn Questions

cvoz

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
Hello, I had some questions for anyone familiar with Alienares Respawn to restore to factory settings. What other precautions will need to be taken in order to protect personal information when selling a computer? Does this delete the restore points? If I do the Alienware Respawn then rewrite free space with CCleaner will it be good to sell?

Thanks

Solution
I wouldn't bother that way unless you made the Respawn Discs themselves to boot from. Honestly best solution would be to download DBAN to erase the drive completely (Format just resets the first 'bit' location on the drive but a recovery software could scan for file elements then reconstitute them from 0 reliability to 100% reliability). Then reboot with the Respawn CDs and try out the system to verify that it meets your expectations.

Really there is no need for the Respawn CDs even, if you just install Windows per your key (and include the DVD) then go to Alienware's website to download everything needed, install them clean, be the same thing really, but upto date as well.
I wouldn't bother that way unless you made the Respawn Discs themselves to boot from. Honestly best solution would be to download DBAN to erase the drive completely (Format just resets the first 'bit' location on the drive but a recovery software could scan for file elements then reconstitute them from 0 reliability to 100% reliability). Then reboot with the Respawn CDs and try out the system to verify that it meets your expectations.

Really there is no need for the Respawn CDs even, if you just install Windows per your key (and include the DVD) then go to Alienware's website to download everything needed, install them clean, be the same thing really, but upto date as well.

Solution