Alienware Wont Turn On With Graphics Card Inside

theabbott1911

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
After a year of getting blue screens and having multiple problems the computer is now in need of serious help. Recently every time I got a blue screen i would hit the back of the computer where the graphics card is located and it would boot back up. One day the computer blue screened as normal and the computer would not turn back on. I removed the graphics card and the system booted up using the motherboard graphics. I am pretty sure that the problem is that the computer needs a new graphics card but I dont want to spend 300$ on the wrong part. Any suggestions/help?

theabbott1911

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
The computer does not blue screen while the graphics card is not installed. Therefore I am not able to retrieve the details from the bsod. I purchased the alienware used and it was already out of warranty. I have contacted alienware multiple times but they are horrible in customer service. I just need to know whether or not the graphics card is the problem.

theabbott1911

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
I am just going to send it off to a repair store. If it is the graphics card then I will buy the same model and make to ensure that it works the the drivers already installed. Thank you guys for all of your help!